Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local shop has a used CT45 for cheap--opinions needed

Default Local shop has a used CT45 for cheap--opinions needed

Used CT45 with three mags and a case(I assume they mean the cardboard box) for $225.

I have an XDS 45 I rarely shoot. It's kind of uncomfortable to shoot, the trigger kind of sucks, and I'm not happy with Springfield for what they did. I also have a lot of .45 ammo stockpiled. The shop has the CT45 listed for that price, which is pretty low.

I can afford to buy the pistol. I can also trade the XDS for it---I imagine they'll trade straight up, as the XDS is going to sell faster than the Kahr. Kahrs tend to be bought by people who already own Kahrs, and I don't think that's a big group around here.

But I don't know what use the CT45 would be. I've decided I only want to buy guns I can carry from now own, and I don't think I would carry the big CT45. I'm sure it's typically Kahr accurate, and .45 is an inherently accurate cartridge, so it would be a nice range toy. But I already have a pure range toy---my G17L.

The XDS is on the chopping block. I don't want to carry it because capacity is too low and .45 ammo is heavy. I'd rather have more capacity in a carry pistol. The XDS isn't pleasant to shoot at all. It's accurate and reliable but it hurts. Checkering is too aggressive. I'd like to keep a .45 in the collection.

I am a "Kahr guy". I shoot them well. Love the trigger. Love the thin profile. Should I try to trade the XDS straight up for the CT45? I figure they can sell the XDS for $300, so it's a winner for them. Or should I sell the XDS and buy a larger .45, possibly a 1911?

I would wait and trade the XDS toward something you will really use.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Default Springfield XD Mod 2 .45 ACP

My Springfield XD Mod 2 in .45 ACP checks all of the boxes that you are discussing.

Take a look at it before pulling the trigger on another pistol.

https://www.wikiarms.com/guns?q=Spri...dXD+Mod+2+.45+
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    My Springfield XD Mod 2 in .45 ACP checks all of the boxes that you are discussing.

Take a look at it before pulling the trigger on another pistol.

https://www.wikiarms.com/guns?q=Spri...dXD+Mod+2+.45+
    I will never buy another Springfield Armory product.

I didn't get the memo, what did Springfield do that you don't like? I know Smith did the bad political stuff but people seem to have forgiven them.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Springfield did make some folks mad because of their behavior in Illinois awhile back. https://gunstoday.com/why-is-everyon...gfield-armory/
    NRA Benefactor

In summary, I think for that price I think I'd get the CT. Can't hardly go wrong.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Springfield CEO did not investigate the the Bill, and did not really endorse it, but he did not come out and blast the Bill for requiring state gun dealers to become licensed at the Federal level as well as the state. He did later after realizing what it actually did, especially to small gun shops. This was over 2 years ago also...SA has had many run ins with the state of Illinois since this happened. I am not a XDs fan, but recently bought a XDe hammer fired version and it is an outstanding firearm.

I'll keep it short bc this is off topic, but there were only two members in the lobbying group which negotiated the carveout---Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms. To say they didn't know what their lobbyist was doing strains belief. The only reason they came out against the bill is because they were caught.

I will never buy another Springfield product. I don't care if they go out of business, actually.

I would go get the CT, trade or sell the XDS. You never know, you might find someone who is looking for that type firearm, and get something interesting in trade. There are actually people who swear by the XDS. I don't know any(ahem) but I'm sure they're out there. Somewhere...………….with those grip safeties, and that trigger, and the...……………………………………………………………………………….