Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new

Thread: K40 covert compared to MK40?

Default K40 covert compared to MK40?

What's the difference in these two, barrel length? I guess I'm curious if the shortened grip on the covert is the same size as the MK40, what advantage is the covert?

Here't the MK9 versus the K9 -- should be the same differences for the .40 versions.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

And a T9/T40 would be ~1/2" again longer & taller versus the K series.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

The old Coverts would be the top of the gun on the right with the frame of the gun on the left.

The New Coverts for some reason I don't understand are the opposite. A long frame and a short barrel.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Coadman View Post
    What's the difference in these two, barrel length? I guess I'm curious if the shortened grip on the covert is the same size as the MK40, what advantage is the covert?
    Yes, barrel length is the difference. The frames are the same length.
    Many argue, that a frame's grip length is the most difficult part to conceal. Thus, the Covert's supposed advantage would be increased sight radius and increased velocity while maintaining the shorter grip length. Some just like the look better.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Before AIWB became the flavor of the day, people carried on their strong side---making the grip the most difficult part of the pistol to conceal. Combining a short grip with a longer sight radius was the best of both worlds.

Now that AIWB is a thing, the slide length is the most difficult part of the pistol to deal with---not concealment but comfort---so a longer grip and shorter slide is what the market wants.

I think the old Covert had it right. I'm actually in the process of building a P80 Compact Longslide, which will be a G17 slide on a G19 frame. The actual hot ticket, to me, seems like G19 slide on a G26 frame.

If Kahr offered the old style Covert again, I'd be all over it. I really don't want to have to buy a CW9 and cut it down to take CM9 mags...

Before AIWB became the flavor of the day, people carried on their strong side---making the grip the most difficult part of the pistol to conceal. Combining a short grip with a longer sight radius was the best of both worlds.

Now that AIWB is a thing, the slide length is the most difficult part of the pistol to deal with---not concealment but comfort---so a longer grip and shorter slide is what the market wants.

I think the old Covert had it right. I'm actually in the process of building a P80 Compact Longslide, which will be a G17 slide on a G19 frame. The actual hot ticket, to me, seems like G19 slide on a G26 frame.

If Kahr offered the old style Covert again, I'd be all over it. I really don't want to have to buy a CW9 and cut it down to take CM9 mags...

Even more important the MK9 and MK40 are ideal for concealed carry with size, accuracy, and reliability.