Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: any love here for the Alone TV show on history channel?

Default any love here for the Alone TV show on history channel?

I can't stand to watch more than snippets on YouTube. 1/2 million $ riding on the outcome, and all they'll take is simps.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alone_(TV_series)

within a month, they are all crying about being away from their families. Everyone in the navy is gone for 6 months of the year, for 3k a month or less! WW2, tens of millions of men did not see their families for 4 years or more.

what's your ten picks.? be aware that the saw, axe, belt knife Danl boone paulbunyan stuff has failed, for all 56 contestants and all 5 seasons. They all average losing at least 1/2 lb of bodyweight every day that they are out there and some have averaged losing over a lb per day. The fattest guy, with a lot of luck, has won every season, cause none of them have had a clue how to feed themselves. The main answer is to make netting, lots of it, out of the 2-person cotton rope hammock, all of the "optional" 12x12 tarp and half of the 20x20 tarp that they give you. They also give you a 10x10 "camera-tarp". Along with a 10x10 chunk of the 2020 tarp, the camera tarp is enough shelter, until it's time to get into the debris-stuffed dugout, no fire needed. You wont have to be in there more than a week or so, using the rainsuit as your water container. The tarp and tape bucket/basket, which you set up to drown mice, becomes your waste-bucket. Dry the wastes with loose dirt, of course. Emerge once a week to melt ice-snow. Given a foot of compressed debris on all sides and your bodyheat, the water wont freeze. Neither will your dried fish. If you're not on a sea shore, one of your 10 picks has to be the 3 lb block of salt, to help you preserve fish, as bait, and for the electrolytes.

Never heard of it and don't plan to start watching now. I just don't get "reality" TV. I don't need to watch that crap on TV, my life is all kinds of full of reality.

it's amazing how lame you can be and still win a clear 1/4 million $, in 2 months. Some of those guys are "survival instructors'. I would not turn them loose with cub scouts, cause they;'d fill the kid's heads full of dangerous falsehoods.

Nope!

a quick search on youtube and google will turn it up for you. I've learned quite a bit by researching why what all of them have tried hasn't worked. Almost nobody has a clue which foods offer how much calories, when a simple google search finds it. Ditto, I"d bet $100 none of them even researched how much the tide rises and falls on the shores of Vancouver Island, BC, where 3 seasons were filmed. You can google that in a minute flat (6 ft is the answer) That tells you how wide you have to make your seine and baited net-weirs, but none of them have had the brains to take the stuff needed to weave a net (of any useful size)