Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new

Thread: loading cw9

Default loading cw9

any certain technique to use loading cw9. I've had mine several years and haven't shot it much. usually I have it loaded. so I haven't loaded or unloaded it much. seems like when slide is locked and I just release slide it loads fine, but when I pull slide back and release it the bullet james. I know I'm doing somethings wrong - is it speed of slide release or something else? Thanks for help Dave

Kahr recommends using the slide lock to load. When you pull the slide back and release you need to do it briskly, pull it all the way back and let go, don't ride the slide forward or it loses momentum and will give you the jam. It should work fine once you get the technique right.

There are mag follower mods that often times help alleviate the loading. Using the slide lock should get you loaded every time.

Mine all work pulling the slide back just fine but again I think it's holding your mouth right and not slowing it down. Give it a try and let us know how it works.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

"haven't shot it much"

Therein lies the key. If you shoot it more the slide will loosen up and you'll be able to slingshot it with ease. All of my 4 Kahrs will slingshot just fine but they wouldn't at first. Shoot it more and be brisk about the slingshot.

What Bawanna said applies to all the Kahrs I've had, that's just the way they're made. It works. My Shield is the opposite, sling shotting is easy and works, thumbing the slide release does not.

Being a seasoned firearm enthusiast (old fart), I sling shot all my Kahrs, been doing it since day one.
    It's how I rack the slide on all brands. Didn't want to learn a new trick.
    I do understand how that could lead to issues. But if you sling it "briskly" no issues. Just yank her back, and let go.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Blairsville1946 View Post
    any certain technique to use loading cw9. I've had mine several years and haven't shot it much. usually I have it loaded. so I haven't loaded or unloaded it much. seems like when slide is locked and I just release slide it loads fine, but when I pull slide back and release it the bullet james. I know I'm doing somethings wrong - is it speed of slide release or something else? Thanks for help Dave
    The only Kahr I can't slingshot is my CW380.

No problem slingshotting my P9 or CM9. Most of the time I can do my CT380 also but there’s no margin for slop.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

My CT380 is still too tight to slingshot. No problems with the CW9 or the CW45.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

sounds like shooting it more in the spring will help, but till then if I really need it I guess I'll shoot it 5 times and change mags. Dave