Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop

Thread: Won't load first round

Default Won't load first round

My Kahr PM9 gave me a little trouble at the range today. With the 6 round magazine everything is perfect. With the 7 round mag it does not want to load the first round. When I take out the first round and try it with only 6 it works fine. The last time at the range I did NOT have this issue. Any suggestions?

Only with the 7 round you have an issue? Are you loading using the slide stop release or sling shot method.

It could be you have a burr or rough edge on the feed lips of that 7 round mag.

A pencil or a dowel with some fine sand paper can clean up the sharp edges. Spring might be a bit strong and the extra pressure on the rounds pushing up creates a drag. Look over the follower as well. Some have successfully reprofiled and cleaned them up to feed better and sling shot much easier as well.

Some report having issues only with the larger mag, some feel it's related to pressure from the pinky finger on the base plate, not sure there's enough wiggle room for that to happen but it's possible as they have no issued with the 6 rounders.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have no personal experience but I recall reading that there were some issues with the 7 round mags.

I am loading using the slide stop release. Last time at the range I did 100 rds with the 7 round mag with NO issues. And if I remove the first round it works great. I have had NO issues with the 6 round mag at all.

Alfonse is a member here and owns Lakeline llc and makes a very nice aluminum replacement magazine follower for Kahr pistols that works great to help with feeding problems and are well worth the cost.....Give um a try and you wont regret it....I forgot the web site name but PM Alfonse and he will hook you up...

Default Won't load first round

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Alfonse is a member here and owns Lakeline llc and makes a very nice aluminum replacement magazine follower for Kahr pistols that works great to help with feeding problems and are well worth the cost.....Give um a try and you wont regret it....I forgot the web site name but PM Alfonse and he will hook you up...
    I put a set of those lakeline’s in my cm9, I also had a cm45... just in my personal experience, both of my Kahrs were not my cup of tea so to speak. They felt great in my hand, and the trigger felt great too, but the ones that I had, performed poorly. I sold them both and never went back... I hope you have a better experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk