Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Benchmade's major mistake last week?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I can't afford knives like that, or coolers like Yetis.
    I am with you on this^^^.

I am glad to hear you say that Greg. I value your opinion. This particular knife is a collaboration and normally I do not seek out products made overseas but looking at my Spyderco's they come from Taiwan, Japan, and Golden, Colorado. I guess I do make exceptions. I am not sure where the s35vn steel originated but everything on that knife is exactly what I was looking for in a replacement blade.I don't know why this Benchmade thing got to me but as with Dicks, Levi's, Yeti, Gander Outdoors, and a few others, I will quietly do everything I can to avoid purchasing from them. A quirk? Yep, and I have a long memory.

"Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    I've seen and handled some WE Knife Co. products and they do seem very well made.
    Agreed. I'm lusting after their new Roxy model right now, and trying to think of reasons NOT to buy it.

WOW I just read about Benchmade's antics NOW I HATE THEM TOO....to bad I do feel they made good knives. Hopefully they go out of business.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I have this issue of never being able to take things at face value, thinking that with things like this there is an underlying motive. The thing about that whole ordeal is I wonder if some marketing ding-a-ling at benchmade thinks that less guns means more knife sales meaning more money in their pocket. The thing is I think across the pond somewhere (England maybe) there is some government move to restrict knives now. I guess that folks don’t realize that the same people that want our firearms today will want the knives tomorrow. Just paranoid pondering on my part.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I don't think you're paranoid. Realistic, I would say.

I've never bought a Benchmade knife but I do own a Yeti cooler. I got it free when I bought a new set of tires for my Blazer last year. Haven't had a chance to use it, though.

And I, too, have a long memory of businesses that I will never deal with for one reason or another. I'm sure I've never put a dent in any of their bottom lines, but I have no problem finding another company to replace whatever it is that I need.

I don't own a Benchmade or Yeti either and do have a good memory of business's on my ignore list but something to consider.
    As I understand it these were police property room guns. In some instances there is no option as to the future of those weapons. They legally have to be destroyed. Historical, keepsakes, heirlooms, it doesn't matter.
    It's possible that Benchmade attempting to stay in the good graces of that department who no doubt carries a lot of Benchmade knives offered to do the task. Had they said no, they most likely would have been boycotted by officers and the guns would still be destroyed someplace else.
    I'd respect them more for not wanting to play a part in that destruction but theres some unknown factors.

My biggest career achievement was saving an original old Single Action Colt from the man hole cover queen. I was able with a lot of effort to convince the chief to put all the ones that didn't require destruction up for auction. Worked out good a dealer in Oregon won, gave us 7,500 for just the Colt and offered to sell it back to me at that same price. Course I never seen 7,500 all at once in my whole born days. Everyone here said it was a replica, I looked it over every time I was out there and I knew it was the real deal. Thankfully I'm out of the property and evidence arena these days, still have to back up from time to time but not much contact so I don't get attached to all them guns.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I wanted a thin lightweight EDC blade that would allow my phone to also ride in that same pocket. It was going to be a Benchmade Bugout until they stepped on their privates.
    This arrived yesterday. Massdrop Gent. Better quality and 30% less $$. The deep carry clip is very strong and it looks like you are carrying a pen in your pocket.

Massdrop-Gent.jpg
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    I wanted a thin lightweight EDC blade that would allow my phone to also ride in that same pocket. It was going to be a Benchmade Bugout until they stepped on their privates.
    This arrived yesterday. Massdrop Gent. Better quality and 30% less $$. The deep carry clip is very strong and it looks like you are carrying a pen in your pocket.

Massdrop-Gent.jpg
    I like that.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/