Xssights   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New K9 owner

I recently put fresh night sights on an old style K40. Wasn't really much of a chore with the sight tool.com gen 4 pusher I had purchased. I was sweating and cussing going into the project but ended up only a 15 to 20 minute job. This is from an amateur sight changer guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpetop View Post
    I recently put fresh night sights on an old style K40. Wasn't really much of a chore with the sight tool.com gen 4 pusher I had purchased. I was sweating and cussing going into the project but ended up only a 15 to 20 minute job. This is from an amateur sight changer guy.
    That's good to hear. I have a very nice sight tool but have not used it on a Kahr. Where did you find the sights for your old style Kahr?

As far as the mags go, look for any scratches/wear that run verticaly from where they start. If the grips screws have been changed, or on some guns over tighened, then they may protrude too far into the magwell, causing drag and a slow a mag ejection. I’ve also found trigger bars, trigger shoes, magwell burrs, etc that were dragging against mags on some guns. You could also polish the wear area, or entire magazine, making them slicker than dog