Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun

Thread: Found a used Kahr CW380 Burnt Bronze pistol

Default Found a used Kahr CW380 Burnt Bronze pistol

Found what I think is a good deal on a CW380 Burnt Bronze pistol in excellent condition. He was asking $280 and I talked him down to $250. It definitely appears to only have a few rounds fired thru it. It only comes with original mag, box, and paperwork. It there anything I should look for when I pick it up? I have some good pictures of it but I don't have enough posts yet to do so. The serial number starts with RL..... Does anyone know when it may have been manufactured? I did send an email to Kahr's customer service but I have not recd a reply yet.

Any thoughts would be appreciate!

Wow, not feeling any love in this forum! Not that I expect to get a response, but it was made in April of 2017, if that makes a difference.

You may be able to find a new one for that money or less. For example....https://www.rkguns.com/kahr-arms-cw3...3833-8011.html

Wow! That was a crazy good deal! The best current deal I have found is around $270 for the 2 tone model and then I would have to pay my lgs a $25 transfer fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Garman View Post
    Wow! That was a crazy good deal! The best current deal I have found is around $270 for the 2 tone model and then I would have to pay my lgs a $25 transfer fee.
    Different areas different prices I suppose. Unfortunately its a sold out item. Personally I went with the Ruger LCP Gen2 for my pocket carry. They are relatively inexpensive and easy to find, usually under $200. However, I do carry and am very happy with my Kahr CM9. Its a smooth, sweet shooter. I would say if you can shoot a few mags thru the CW380 without any feeding issues go for it. Good luck!

Thanks dirtkicker! I have a Beretta Pico for pocket carry now, but it is a weird little gun. It has been 100% reliable and it is well built quality wise, but the mag release is very strange. It takes my thumb and finger to manipulate the tiny paddle mag release to change mags. Looking for another pistol to replace it.

You did okay on the price. They sometimes run specials, but you never know when. I got my two tone CW380 a few years ago, on Black Friday for a sweet price, have not seen that kind of pricing since.
    Small 380's can be difficult to shoot, most, if not all issues are related to grip and trigger control. Don't get upset till you have a bunch of rounds down range. None of my friends like the Kahr 380, they compare it to the G42 and claim the recoil is painful. I think they are a bunch of ######'s but that's just me.
    NRA Benefactor

Also there are some crazy good deals out there when they are out of stock. Price seems to always be higher when they are available. Go figure.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    None of my friends like the Kahr 380, they compare it to the G42 and claim the recoil is painful. I think they are a bunch of ######'s but that's just me.
    Man, I just don't get this at all. The G42 is a great gun, and shoots like a .22...however...it is bigger and heavier than the Kahr, enough so that some carry options become unwieldy. My P380, on the other hand, can be shoved in a front pocket or tucked IWB when I'm wearing track pants (I've slept through the night that way when I forgot to take mine off!!). And at the range it is anything but a beast. Even with hot Underwood ammo, it is very manageable.

Just last week, I took my son, 15 years old and a novice shooter, out to shoot a few pistols, and he had no trouble with the Kahr. If he can handle the recoil, any grown man--or woman--should be able to as well. An EDC pistol isn't supposed to shoot like an Airsoft, and there IS a learning curve...but so be it.