Thread: March Merriness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default March Merriness

A dog walks into a bar and says to the bartender, "A pint of beer please"
    The bartender says "Wow, that's amazing, you should join the circus"
    The dog responded, "Why? Do they need electricians?"
    "Never pet a burning dog"

In response......My dog used to chase people on a bike a lot. It got so bad, finally I had to take his bike away.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Today at the bank, an old lady asked me to help check her balance. So I pushed her over.
    "Life Member NRA"

A guy spots a sign outside a house that reads “Talking Dog for Sale.” Intrigued, he walks in.
    “So what have you done with your life?” he asks the dog.
    “I’ve led a very full life,” says the dog. “I lived in the Alps rescuing avalanche victims. Then I served my country in Iraq. And now I spend my days reading to the residents of a retirement home.”
    The guy is flabbergasted. He asks the dog’s owner, “Why on earth would you want to get rid of an incredible dog like that?”
    The owner says, “Because he’s a liar! He never did any of that!”
    "Life Member NRA"

A young Southern boy goes off to college, but about 1/3 of the way through the semester, he has foolishly squandered away all of the money his parents gave him.

Then he gets an idea. He calls his daddy. "Dad," he says, "you won't believe the wonders that modern education are coming up with! Why, they actually have a program here at college that will teach our dog Ole Blue how to talk!"

"That's absolutely amazing," his father says. "How do I get him in that program?"

"Just send him down here with $1,000" the boy says. "I'll get him into the course." So, his father sends the dog and the $1,000.

About 2/3 way through the semester, the money runs out. The boy calls his father again. "So how's Ole Blue doing, son," his father asks.

"Awesome, Dad, he's talking up a storm," he says, "but you just won't believe this they've had such good results with this program that they've implemented a new one to teach the animals how to READ!"

"READ," says his father, "No kidding! What do I have to do to get him in that program? "

Just send $2,500, I'll get him in the class." His father sends the money.

The boy now has a problem. At the end of the year, his father will find out that the dog can neither talk, nor read. So he shoots the dog.

When he gets home at the end of the semester, his father is all excited. "Where's Ole Blue? I just can't wait to see him talk and read something!"

"Dad," the boy says, "I have some grim news. Yesterday morning, just before we left to drive home, Ole Blue was in the living room kicking back in the recliner, reading the morning paper, like he usually does. Then he turned to me and asked, ' So, is your daddy still messin' around with that little redhead who lives on Oak Street ?'

The father says, "I hope you SHOT that son of a b!tch before he talks to your Mother!"

"I sure did, Dad!"

"That's my boy!"

"Life Member NRA"

I wondered if Fabulous February would have a successor and sure enough here is March Merriness - I figured March Madness was already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
    I wondered if Fabulous February would have a successor and sure enough here is March Merriness - I figured March Madness was already taken.
    Monthly, always....it's a years long tradition.
    NRA Benefactor

Thumbs up

New exercise plan....
    "Life Member NRA"

Good start for March!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".