Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delayed for pistol purchase

Yeah, they want to call the new state "Liberty." We could use a little of that around here these days. Sorry to hear about the hassles. It sounds like it may get worse before it gets better.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    It's 10 days. Sorry.

You don't have a CPL? Or were you delayed at time of purchase.

If there's questions they can put a hold and take longer than the 10 days to investigate.

Based on what you've shared you should still be ok. No felony, no DV, should get cleared to go.
    i do have a cpl. I was delayed the day i filled out paper work. The guy told me today he would be surprised if it took later then the end of this week so i guess we will see. Patience has never been a virtue of mine lol
    GLOCK... THE POOR MANS KAHR.

If that's the case it could be blessed any day or it could be delayed indefinitely. Some how there was a flag raised when the dealer called NICS.
    Sometimes they get bad information and the local jurisdiction has to clear it up.

Patience has never been my strong suit neither especially when it comes to waiting for guns that I already paid for.

Hopefully they will clear it up quickly.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well still no answer... called today and they said they havent heard back from NICS. They said of they dont hear back by the 18th i can come pick it up. I really hope my lawyer and the prosecutor held there word when they said I wouldn’t lose my rights. You would think if i did, they may have confiscated my currents firearms and my permit to carry... who knows. Maybe they are jist busy or having a hard time looking into my charge. I am still hopeful.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Most of the time, no news is good news.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

You haven't lost your rights near as I can tell. They would have advised you of that and given notice to get rid of the guns you got. Even then you could get your rights restored. It's not easy and takes time and a lawyer=MONEY but there are lawyers=Money who do nothing but that.

The shop saying you can come get it after a certain date sounds like a purchase without a CPL. We have 10 days to respond and then the shop can call and get their own approval. But since you have a CPL that should have happened on day of purchase so there's no time limit. I'm terribly confused.

Wish I could do some checking for you but we get in a lot of trouble if we're digging for something other than we're supposed to be digging into.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    You haven't lost your rights near as I can tell. They would have advised you of that and given notice to get rid of the guns you got. Even then you could get your rights restored. It's not easy and takes time and a lawyer=MONEY but there are lawyers=Money who do nothing but that.

The shop saying you can come get it after a certain date sounds like a purchase without a CPL. We have 10 days to respond and then the shop can call and get their own approval. But since you have a CPL that should have happened on day of purchase so there's no time limit. I'm terribly confused.

Wish I could do some checking for you but we get in a lot of trouble if we're digging for something other than we're supposed to be digging into.
    I read in the state of WA they tack on 10 buisness days to release the firearm if the dont hear back from NICS. I dont think many other states do this but thats what i heard. Thank you for your advise Bawanna. You have always struck me as a stand up guy. In the mean time, heres some eye candy for you. The 686-4 i am HOPEFULLY going to havein my possession in the near future!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My mistake, its a dash 3

If you don't get it, let me know, I've wanted a 686 forever and that looks like a damn nice one.

I don't care if it's a dash 3 or 4 or 16. I love it.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"You have always struck me as a stand up guy."

This he says to a guy in a wheelchair!. All in good fun but I had to laugh. Laughing is good.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan