CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Used but unfired K40 and a mystery

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Here'sa few pics.

You have a slide lock set up like the polymer guns. The spring that holds it is on the left side held in place by that little screw.

Must be something new, both my K's have the type like Greg posted, with the roll pin and the spring on the right side.

That clears a few things up indeed. Course it also brings up the question, when did they start making K's like that or is a predecessor to the style we know now.

Color me confused for a bit.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm not sure either way, but this is the highest numbered ser. # in the K40 pictures that I've seen. Just guessing it's newer. I'm a little embarrased at the dirt and dryness of it. I just wiped it for the pics. She's well greased and oiled now in all the right places.

Quote Originally Posted by Bytor View Post
    His nemesis is waiting at the gate...lol
    Awesome!

I found my pictures from 01-01-2013. Whatever is used must hold the SL lever aligned with the opening in the slide for removal. The one that I had was for the K9 and possibly the same vintage K40. I got my K9 in March 1998. I sold it several years ago as I only carry the polymers that size now, plus the P380 for max concealment and easy on and off... handy these days with my daily radiation treatment. I even forgot to put it back on and left my van with the shop at Sam's Club to repair a flat and rotate and balance my tires. I was inside the store and going to the restroom and realized my pants were too loose. I had loosened the belt when I got back to my car from the treatment center! I quickly went outside and around to the work bays where the guy was just putting the lift arms under my van on one side, so far. I told him that I needed something out of the gloce box and he said go ahead. Whew! The pistol and extra mag/holder were there. I have to watch that!

The chamber block was $5 plus shipping and I got one with a bunch of other stuff that I ordered.

I'll post some K9 internal pix, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Some inside pix of the 1998 K9.
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

And the pin.

Thomas Jefferson said

and

Thanks for the pics. Yes, that is the chamber plug I have. I will compare my slide stop to yours. I'd guess it has to be different. I'm concerned about extra parts since Kahr may be stopping the .40. The slide stop was on my list.

I just realized something. Take a look at the left side of my slide just above the slide stop. There is a semi circle relief cut ala a 1911. I don't see this on other K40's. There is also a disassembly mark on the slide further forward that aligns with a very subdued mark on the frame. That's why I didn't have to withdraw the slide very far to disassemble. It would have been nice if Kahr had that info in the manual!

Double post
    Last edited by Bytor; 03-09-2019 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Double post