CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Broken Trigger Bar!!!

Default Broken Trigger Bar!!!

I broke the trigger bar in my CW9 today. How can I release the striker to get the slide off?

Never come across this but I'd probably remove the side plate and see if you can reach enough of the trigger bar to give it a tug.
    I think it takes a #6? torx bit. There's some good pics of removing it in the tech section.

Hopefully one of the others will be along with some more solid information.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Did as you suggested and it worked. Thanks so much for the help. Now to get a new trigger bar.

Let it be known to the world this day March 8th 2019 a day that will live in infamy bawanna made a suggestion that actually worked. I'm so happy. Wish my arms was long enough to pat myself on the back.
    I've never replaced a trigger bar, do let us know how that goes. Others here I know have so if it gives your grief we'll figure it out.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Will do and thanks again.

When my K9 trigger bar broke, Kahr sent a return authorization and fixed it for free. My gun was out of warranty to boot. I suggest you email Kahr, explain what's happened and see what they say. Dismantling the trigger may be easier on a polymer gun for a DIY repair but it's a bit harder on a steel frame model so I preferred Kahr do mine.

Bawanna, congratulations. Your life has meaning finally.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Let it be known to the world this day March 8th 2019 a day that will live in infamy bawanna made a suggestion that actually worked. I'm so happy. Wish my arms was long enough to pat myself on the back.
    I've never replaced a trigger bar, do let us know how that goes. Others here I know have so if it gives your grief we'll figure it out.
    Hey, congratulations.....I'm keeping score.

Bawanna..........01

23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

I’ve pulled the trigger bar from my cm9, ct9, and cw45. If your good with tools and have some punches and patience you can punch out the trigger pin and do it in a couple of hours. I had a second Kahr to look at during reassembly which helped because they way the trigger, trigger bar, and spring all line up is in a particular way.

One item of note, while you have the trigger bar out make sure there are no burrs on it that would rub the plastic frame and the trigger bar spring. It will just make the trigger gritty and you’ll feel the need to take it apart again to polish everything. You won’t want to do it twice. But don’t do anything with the edge that interfaces with the cocking cam. Tolerances are pretty tight there.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    Hey, congratulations.....I'm keeping score.

Bawanna..........01

Hey that's a start, I been a zero all my life.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Well, cheer up, you're one ahead of me now!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets