Xssights   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cleaning with ultrasonic cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post

The Harbor Freight unit in the review is not the same one I have, mine is larger, has a heater and other features...…

https://www.harborfreight.com/25-lit...xoCmxUQAvD_BwE

^^ that's the HF ultrasonic that I have. I use the heater when I clean about anything.

To clarify, are you saying that you put the assembled frame in the ultrasonic cleaner without disassembling it?

That seems like an ill-advised method of cleaning anything.

Personally I don't. I remove the slide, barrel and recoil spring. I clean them all together along with the frame.

Use the Hornady and Ballistol milk. I have a can of expensive cleaner and a can of their lube, but after trying ballistol, I find no reason to open them. I put the whole gun in and Blow out and dry with a can of compressed air. All my guns run great. Cleans them very well and leaves a very fine, light coat of oil. Can use it many times over. Cleans magazine great as well. All the debris will float to the top and I use a turkey baster to remove.

Notice how dirty the top layer is. Underneath the liquid is milky white and clean. Ballistol is non toxic and does not gum up or harden. Love the way it leave the light, thin coat of lube on all parts. No need to empty and and a lubricant. It is a all-in-one cleaner lubricant.