Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights

Thread: Need real information on where not to live in Kansas City, Missouri

Default Need real information on where not to live in Kansas City, Missouri

My son and his wife just got MATCHED to be resident doctors for the next four years in Kansas City, Missouri. They will move this summer to that big town compared to what they are used to. I, being a deputy Coroner and in law enforcement for the last 20 plus years need advise from solid Americans. Where in the city should they find a place, prefer a small home. Where should they avoid like the plague. Any and all advise will be helpful, they will be resident doctors at Truman Hospital. AL

I would venture to guess you could get more answers by registering at this link below on the City-Data website's Kansas City forum:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/kansas-city/

The whole website is one of the largest online, and if you look at the main forum home page (see link below) it lists the sub-forums for all 50 states (and their main cities), plus every continent and major country in the world:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/#u-s-forums

Also there are a lot of sub-forums that discuss different topics. I personally would avoid the political forum there, as it is overrun with lunatics.

Otherwise, for inquiring about different states and their towns & cities, it can be a goldmine of information. However, sometimes it can take a while to get response.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

My son went through “match day” where graduating medical students are matched with residency programs where they will complete their formal medical training in their chosen specialty. I recommend they talk with the doctors or nurses who work at the medical center your son will be working. They know the area and might point out areas that are relatively safe and convenient for what they’ll be doing. The first year or so they will feel like slaves unless things have changed in recent years. But then my son did an E.R. Residency in Detroit so other specialties may be less intense.

Thanks gang for the help....my son will do E.R., and his wife will do pediatrics..................so exciting.......al

Congratulations to all of you.
    BTW, from your user name I hope it is a while before we meet.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Me too 340pd. I have enough customers for a long time with the fentanyl and heroin that has arrived full force in Illinois. Our office has way way way too many deaths with this stuff.