Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Coffee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I learned to drink coffee when I was at LSU 50+ years ago. I still prefer mine with chicory, and strong. The one we drink most at our house is currently Community Coffee and Chicory. It used to be Luzianne, but the stores in our area stopped carrying it.

Quote Originally Posted by 68Firebird View Post
    I learned to drink coffee when I was at LSU 50+ years ago. I still prefer mine with chicory, and strong. The one we drink most at our house is currently Community Coffee and Chicory. It used to be Luzianne, but the stores in our area stopped carrying it.
    I was stationed in Mississippi for few months and hooked up with a local girl. Her folks drank CDM brand coffee ( from the Cafe Du Monde ) on Bourbon St. I liked that chicory taste, but can't get it up here SC.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    I was stationed in Mississippi for few months and hooked up with a local girl. Her folks drank CDM brand coffee ( from the Cafe Du Monde ) on Bourbon St. I liked that chicory taste, but can't get it up here SC.
    My wife ordered beignet mix from Cafe Du Munde and thought she might like to try their chicory flavored coffee, so she has some in her tasting queue
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    My wife ordered beignet mix from Cafe Du Munde and thought she might like to try their chicory flavored coffee, so she has some in her tasting queue
    If you want the true Cafe du Monde experience, add warm milk and sweeten it. Nothing much better than that and beignets dusted with lots of powdered sugar!

Quote Originally Posted by 68Firebird View Post
    If you want the true Cafe du Monde experience, add warm milk and sweeten it. Nothing much better than that and beignets dusted with lots of powdered sugar!
    Thanks for the tip!
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Default Walker’s Coffee (Kona)

We like Greenwell Farms (100% Kona). They have a nice tour, too www.greenwellfarms.com.
    However, it’s a bit pricey, and I’m fine at home with multiple daily 12 oz mugs of stout black coffee made from Costco’s big bag of on-sale Starbucks beans, and whatever is offered free in the office (fancy, ground-and-brewed-to-order that’s not worth all the time it takes, imho, since I’m usually running to a meeting, and ‘now’ is more important than ‘quality’).
    Speaking of beignets, we were in New Orleans this month and happened across the New Orleans Coffee & Beignet Company on St Charles in the Garden District. For beignet fans, I recommend trying them - they’re a bit thicker and more biscuity/pancakey in flavor than Cafe Du Monde’s. Not better or worse, but deliciously different and definitely worth a try, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Wow...I have forgotten about this coffee....I also first drank it in Mississippi. Stationed in Meridian in the late 60s, I too had a girlfriend with parents that only drank this coffee. I drank it to be polite, but never got to where I just loved the chicory taste.