Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    My wife ordered beignet mix from Cafe Du Munde and thought she might like to try their chicory flavored coffee, so she has some in her tasting queue
    If you want the true Cafe du Monde experience, add warm milk and sweeten it. Nothing much better than that and beignets dusted with lots of powdered sugar!

Quote Originally Posted by 68Firebird View Post
    If you want the true Cafe du Monde experience, add warm milk and sweeten it. Nothing much better than that and beignets dusted with lots of powdered sugar!
    Thanks for the tip!
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Default Walker’s Coffee (Kona)

We like Greenwell Farms (100% Kona). They have a nice tour, too www.greenwellfarms.com.
    However, it’s a bit pricey, and I’m fine at home with multiple daily 12 oz mugs of stout black coffee made from Costco’s big bag of on-sale Starbucks beans, and whatever is offered free in the office (fancy, ground-and-brewed-to-order that’s not worth all the time it takes, imho, since I’m usually running to a meeting, and ‘now’ is more important than ‘quality’).
    Speaking of beignets, we were in New Orleans this month and happened across the New Orleans Coffee & Beignet Company on St Charles in the Garden District. For beignet fans, I recommend trying them - they’re a bit thicker and more biscuity/pancakey in flavor than Cafe Du Monde’s. Not better or worse, but deliciously different and definitely worth a try, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    My wife ordered beignet mix from Cafe Du Munde and thought she might like to try their chicory flavored coffee, so she has some in her tasting queue

Black coffee, strong. I don't do Charbucks, that junk is burned. I also don't understand their language so I can't order properly. Why they can't just say small, medium, or large I don't know.

I put three scoops in the French press and boil about 16 oz of water.

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    I was stationed in Mississippi for few months and hooked up with a local girl. Her folks drank CDM brand coffee ( from the Cafe Du Monde ) on Bourbon St. I liked that chicory taste, but can't get it up here SC.
    Wow...I have forgotten about this coffee....I also first drank it in Mississippi. Stationed in Meridian in the late 60s, I too had a girlfriend with parents that only drank this coffee. I drank it to be polite, but never got to where I just loved the chicory taste.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Black coffee, strong. I don't do Charbucks, that junk is burned.
    "Burned" has always been my description of the few examples of Starbucks coffee I've tried. I thought maybe it was just me. I don't get the attraction so many have to Starbucks.

I think its the 5 bucks for a 50 cent cup of coffee that turns me off to most.
    That plus waiting in line. Only time I ever did it was for a coworker riding with me someplace, wanted to stop. Never do it again even for a co worker.
    I do like my coffee strong and black.
    Have to cut back on it again I guess, think I'm working on an ulcer or something. Gone from 5 or 6 large cups down to 1 and sometimes 2.

Probably should maybe add cream or something, never done that but it might help alleviate some of the issues.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by 68Firebird View Post
    "Burned" has always been my description of the few examples of Starbucks coffee I've tried. I thought maybe it was just me. I don't get the attraction so many have to Starbucks.
    They do it that way so you can still taste a little note of coffee when they put it in those stupid milkshakes people like to drink.

Loved it strong with half and half, or a bit of whip cream. The wifey can't have dairy, so I kind of weaned myself off of the good stuff, and now I use the faux creamer. Not the best, but dairy started bothering me also. Anyone hear of or drink that coffee that comes out of a specific animal that eats the beans then craps them out????? Saw it on tv...………..supposed to be the best on the planet. I don't care what they say, anything that comes out of an arse will not be coming even close to these lips, much less put in a cup. Kopi Luwak from Indonesia. Worlds most expensive.

Starbucks coffee is bitter, and the owner wants to be President. We already have a bitter Potus, not that I mind. If you can't make coffee, what good are you??????????