Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee

s-l1600.jpg Got hooked on McDonald's coffee and started using it at home in the peculator pot.

I've averaged 6 cups a day for over 60 years and still prefer good old Maxwell House. None of the fancy blends for me.

I learned to drink coffee when I was at LSU 50+ years ago. I still prefer mine with chicory, and strong. The one we drink most at our house is currently Community Coffee and Chicory. It used to be Luzianne, but the stores in our area stopped carrying it.

Anything as long as my spoon will stand straight up in my mug. (take that comment anyway you wish)
    "Never pet a burning dog"

So, I'm taking it that those of you that don't appreciate "flavored" coffee drink yours black without any sweeteners?
    I tried that years back with an excellent Colombian coffee (that I really liked the taste of) but developed heartburn after every cup. I found that creamers/cream/milk/etc. mitigate that for me and I can enjoy coffee with out paying for it later.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by 68Firebird View Post
    I learned to drink coffee when I was at LSU 50+ years ago. I still prefer mine with chicory, and strong. The one we drink most at our house is currently Community Coffee and Chicory. It used to be Luzianne, but the stores in our area stopped carrying it.
    I was stationed in Mississippi for few months and hooked up with a local girl. Her folks drank CDM brand coffee ( from the Cafe Du Monde ) on Bourbon St. I liked that chicory taste, but can't get it up here SC.
    NRA Benefactor

Best coffee I EVER drank was Bad Ass 100% Kona, on Kona. I looked it up yesterday and it's about $70 a lb. Not going to pay that for coffee and I'm not going to Kona anytime soon so I guess that'll remain a fond memory...

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    Anything as long as my spoon will stand straight up in my mug. (take that comment anyway you wish)
    One of my Mom's favorite sayings... That and, "it's not coffee if you can't float a horseshoe on it." She drank it boiling hot right out of the percolator.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Actually, when I was in the military I always had a cup of hot java on my desk. I took two weeks leave and got the shakes. I was smoking at the time and figured it was my body telling me "give me nicotine" so I smoked more...still had the shakes.

It was the withdrawl of caffeine. I didn't drink coffee at home, only at the office, and since I wasn't providing the need, my brain was craving for it.

I don't drink any caffeinated products, and havent for 30 years.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    I was stationed in Mississippi for few months and hooked up with a local girl. Her folks drank CDM brand coffee ( from the Cafe Du Monde ) on Bourbon St. I liked that chicory taste, but can't get it up here SC.
    My wife ordered beignet mix from Cafe Du Munde and thought she might like to try their chicory flavored coffee, so she has some in her tasting queue
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>