Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun

Thread: Availability of a 41 Magnum Bolt?

Default Availability of a 41 Magnum Bolt?

I don't imagine there is a source for 41 magnum bolts, but I thought I would check here anyway.

Tony

When I decided to get a .41 Magnum Desert Eagle a few years ago, I looked into several possibilities...
    One was to find a bolt and get any working Mk VII slide, and find a barrel. A couple of years of watching multiple internet sites daily showed that .41 mag stuff is rare. Just not a lot were made I suppose, compared to the other calibers anyway.

There isn't a happy ending to this story, at least relative to finding the parts needed to build one up on your existing Desert Eagle... few of the guns themselves even pop up on Auction sites like GunBroker in a years time. I remember bidding on a nice one a while back... I bid 1999.99 and was outbid. I DID later get one for less however.

Not trying to be discouraging... just stating my experience with finding .41 DE stuff. I have seen a barrel or two, and a slide with barrel for sale on GunBroker and eBay, in the last year... but a bolt, I have not seen in the years I have watched Desert Eagle parts, daily.

I suppose because they are basically a lifetime part, there weren't a lot of extras sitting around when the .41 was dropped from the line. I do wonder what it would take to get a 44 Mag bolt working with it. I have not tried this, as I don't have any extra Mk VII parts, and even stripped bolts for Mk VII are fairly expensive when you can find them.

If by some miracle they are found, I am buying one, as long as it isn't much over the price of a current production bolt.

MrBlackCat

I recently bought a Desert Eagle that was manufactured in Israel that has DESERT EAGLE - .41/.44 MAGNUM PISTOL on the slide. Does that mean that I can shoot either caliber with the gun? I know it shoots 44 no problem because I have done this numerous times. Never actually thought about .41 but if there is nothing I have to do then maybe I will pick some up.

Quote Originally Posted by Genevadirt View Post
    I recently bought a Desert Eagle that was manufactured in Israel that has DESERT EAGLE - .41/.44 MAGNUM PISTOL on the slide. Does that mean that I can shoot either caliber with the gun? I know it shoots 44 no problem because I have done this numerous times. Never actually thought about .41 but if there is nothing I have to do then maybe I will pick some up.
    The slide is only marked like that because the .44 and .41 Magnum barrels share the same slide. In the Mark VII series of Desert Eagles, each barrel had a different slide until they added 41 Magnum. So, in Mk VII series, 357, 44, and 50 all had different slides. So you still need a .41 Magnum bolt. There is a bit of difference in the 41 and 44 rim diameters... I have often wondered if they would even function, but I don't have a Mk VII 44 barrel to try it... and I don't want to damage anything.

The Magazines are also slightly different, but I have heard some people claim they have used one for the other, although I have never tried this myself. The magazines are marked differently have different feed lip dimensions.

MrBlackCat