Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CM9: Maybe I don't have the "Wheaties" for this gun!

Completely frustrated. Looking at gunbroker to sell...

Thanks, I knew about the half-moon alignment when re-inserting the pin.
    I think I will wait a day or two, then try again. If I don't get instant satisfaction, this gun is going on Gunbroker.com. NO gun should be this difficult to disassemble & re-assemble! I don't care HOW good the trigger might be nor haw small it is!
    Ruger LC2?

Quote Originally Posted by tkarl View Post
    Thanks, I knew about the half-moon alignment when re-inserting the pin.
    I think I will wait a day or two, then try again. If I don't get instant satisfaction, this gun is going on Gunbroker.com. NO gun should be this difficult to disassemble & re-assemble! I don't care HOW good the trigger might be nor haw small it is!
    Ruger LC2?
    Don't give up brother. I went thru the same thing. Couldn't get the slide off, couldn't get it on etc.... Its just a learning curve, you'll get it. You can't find a smaller, more accurate 9mm anywhere. I love my CM9. Keep after it.

OK, I'll try again in a day or so.

Wow...I can really relate to the frustration, but my experience was just the opposite....No problems with my CM9 and tons of them with the CW380.
    Last edited by Mike_usn_ret; 03-21-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Default CM9: Maybe I don't have the "Wheaties" for this gun!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Perhaps you need a revolver?
    Maybe a little coaching and learning would change things. Many things are hard to get back together until someone shows you, or you figure out, how simple it can actually be if you do it a certain way.
    Hello, Vinny. It's your Uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check!

Well, I know how to disassemble/re-assemble my CW380; and I don't think the CM9 is radically different in the process required. My CM9 is damnably more difficult. I don't know why, it just is. Whether this is a "new-gun" issue or not, I cannot say.

Quote Originally Posted by tkarl View Post
    Well, I know how to disassemble/re-assemble my CW380; and I don't think the CM9 is radically different in the process required. My CM9 is damnably more difficult. I don't know why, it just is. Whether this is a "new-gun" issue or not, I cannot say.
    I just have no problem with my PM9. It’s essentially the same gun. Most likely, it’s a matter of getting things lined up properly before trying to push push.
    Hello, Vinny. It's your Uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check!

Which do you guys feel helps to break in those stiff springsd the best: 1) Shooting the gun; or 2) Leaving the slide locked back?
    I'm hopinh for (2), because if I cannot get the gun dis/as-sembled to my satisfaction, I'd rather sell the thing as NEW; rather than firing it, then having to sell the gun as "used"!