Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CM9: Maybe I don't have the "Wheaties" for this gun!

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    tkarl - maybe this will help.

Take the back of a Sharpie marker and put it up against the slide stop pin end. Put the other end (cap side) down on a table. I put it on a rag or a gun cleaning mat so it doesn't slip.

use both hands to manipulate the slide so the witness marks on the slide line up, and push down on the whole gun.

The little indent on the back of the marker helps hold it on the end of the pin.

Almost like having a third hand.

After a dozen or so times of removing and putting the pin back in, it should start getting easier to do - requiring only finger tip pressure to get the pin started.

Don't forget to oil up that pin, too.
    Thanks, I ended up with this.

desktop.jpg
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    Thanks, I ended up with this.

desktop.jpg

LMAO!!!

One thing I've noticed with my 8 Kahrs is that they're all different with the amount of force required to get the slide stop started.

My MK9 was easy from the first time, and my others were mostly tougher when new. They all are pretty easy now, but my CW45 was a real bear at first. The Sharpie trick was necessary for a while with that one.

My newest (CW9) was really easy to rack, and the slide stop was super easy to remove.

I suspect Kahr used their new "slide racking machine" on it to break it in. It feels like it went to "finishing school", and looks it too.

No polymer stringys on the frame from the get go. If all Kahrs were like this when new, I think Kahr would sell a lot more guns.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Actually you had a pretty good idea Ed, just felt like stirring it up a little today.

Tkari, don't mean to pry, but do you have arthritis? A guy at our gun club wanted to buy a p380, I let him try and rack mine and he thanked me for saving him some money.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

seems others have a struggle with it to, slack in the recoil spring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZKh2-gb5z0

Been looking into picking up one, 14 oz pocket gun. $300 and Kahr has a $45 rebate.

I made a block of wood with a hole for the barrel to go in. Bore the hole the right depth and just push the gun down. The pin lines up and is easy to push in or out.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    I made a block of wood with a hole for the barrel to go in. Bore the hole the right depth and just push the gun down. The pin lines up and is easy to push in or out.
    Very clever, I just stole that idea! Thanks!!
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe