Magnum Research new   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CM9: Maybe I don't have the "Wheaties" for this gun!

Don't get me started on when my CW380 was new! (LOL) I had very similar issues with my CW380. I recall using my last ounce of 'Wheaties' to FINALLY get the CW380 back together, only to look at the 'assembled' gun to find spring coils coming out the front! UGH! Had to start all over again! Then it was hit/miss a few times; then finally I was able to do it! Dunno if it was the gun or me that changed. Gun was still unfired at this time.

Regarding the CW380: I don't mean to be disrespectful of Kahr, but have you seen the Taurus Spectrum? To disassemble the Spectrum you can use a .380 case lip to turn a screw 1/4 turn, and the slide falls off! When you put the slide back on, the 'screw' resets itself! From what I can gather from videos, the Spectrum has a trigger similar to the Kahr, but probably not as good as Kahr's. BTW, the Spectrum costs a whopping $174! .380-only though. The Taurus Spectrum is designed and made in the US with all US-made parts!

t4terrific: I am completely open to any teachings you are willing to impart! Thanks for the offer.
    Revolvers: LOVE them! You will never get my Ruger GP100 away from me unless you pry it from my cold, dead ... you know.

Well, I guess I'm just talking to myself here.
    Update: JUST took the CM9 apart and together again. Previously, I thought the pin was tough to get out. Oh, no! That's just the beginning. I got the pin out finally using a stainless steel rule to push the pin out that first bit. Then pull the trigger and the slide comes off? Nope! It got all jammed somehow. Back in goes the pin, cycled the gun snapped the trigger. Back OK. Then out comes the *%&^ pin. Then IMMEDIATELY pull the trigger, and then the slide comes off. Then my problems STARTED. I took the barrel out; and oh, did I mention the NON-captive spring that needs to come out first? Oh, that sucker just falls right back into place ... NOT! Rested. ... ... Finally got the spring back in. Now just pop that slide right back on right? Nope. Slide goes on partway, is then stuck. Finally, somehow, I got the slide off again. Then I put the slide back on, and the Planets must have been aligned just right because it went back on!!! Popped that pin back in.
    I don't think Kahrs are for me. If I was out in the wilderness, where I should be, I would have taken all those unassebleable parts and thrown them into the woods so some future civilization can marvel at the stupidity of this assembly/disassembly.
    I just watched a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc0E-lYnwQU and THAT guy had troubles -- he was replacing some springs with aftermarket parts.

Occasionally I have some trouble disassembling or reassembling my Kahrs but not to the extent you have.

Sorry to hear it’s not working out for you.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

On my CW9 I had to use the handle of a screwdriver to push the pin in flush with the right side of the pistol the first couple times and I still have to press something on it to get it started, but once I remember to hold the trigger down after removing the pin the slide slides forward and off the frame easily. Putting the recoil spring back after cleaning is a bit of a chore but of my three automatics this one is the easiest to break down and put back together. It helps to watch some YouTube videos and develop your best process for holding gun at the point where the dots on the slide and the frame line up. I use both hands to line them up then my left hand to hold them in position gripping the front portion of the gun while I push in the pin. (I have the pin already inserted into the left side of the frame slightly). Once the pin is pushed all the way through I rack the slide once or twice, pull the trigger and I’m done. It gets easier with practice.

Lots of members on here over 70 and lots in their 60's. They don't have any troubles with disassembling and assembling Kahr's. Maybe you should just stick to revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Lots of members on here over 70 and lots in their 60's. They don't have any troubles with disassembling and assembling Kahr's. Maybe you should just stick to revolvers.
    There are plenty, no........ MANY, other semi auto 9mm handguns that are much easier to rack and to disassemble than a Kahr. After the dislike for my first Kahr....the CW380, I am glad I took a chance on, and grateful the CM9 I bought had no problems with racking or breaking down like my first Kahr. A revolver was not an option!!!!

No argument there...………..

tkarl - maybe this will help.

Take the back of a Sharpie marker and put it up against the slide stop pin end. Put the other end (cap side) down on a table. I put it on a rag or a gun cleaning mat so it doesn't slip.

use both hands to manipulate the slide so the witness marks on the slide line up, and push down on the whole gun.

The little indent on the back of the marker helps hold it on the end of the pin.

Almost like having a third hand.

After a dozen or so times of removing and putting the pin back in, it should start getting easier to do - requiring only finger tip pressure to get the pin started.

Don't forget to oil up that pin, too.