Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $150....I do not think so buddy!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default $150....I do not think so buddy!!!

Had absolute nothing to do today so it was out and check out the pawn shops in the area. Went to one and he had a fair selection, but not one Kahr. I am still looking for that $350 MK9 deal so many say they have gotten. Well anyhow....not one Kahr. Asked if he often gets them or they go out so fast. He said not a big market for them. People do not want a picky ...must break it in pistol, they want something to shoot soon as they buy it. That is why he does not carry any new ones. As for used, people see a used one and say..."oh no, a Kahr, must be a real PITA one so I do not want it. I asked (not really going to sell it) just curious after all that, how much would you give me for a 90-95% CM9 with 3 mags W/ Pearce grips, a kydex holster , original box and F/O front sight. ......faster than lightning he said....$150!!! Tomorrow is Saturday...Jacksonville should have better pawn shops......maybe one with that elusive $350, MK9!!

I bet he would have kept it himself.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

$150 to sell it for $300 sounds about right. That’s why I don’t trade anything in.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    $150 to sell it for $300 sounds about right. That’s why I don’t trade anything in.
    But, I would have taken the $150 in a split second on that elusive $350 MK9 deal!!!

To me there isn't much distinction between pawn shops and firearm shops when it comes to money. Both do not carry Kahr, because there isn't a large enough profit/markup for them to bother. Plus, I find that at least in this area, Kahr is still an unknown manufacturer. At one time, I said the same thing, "Kahr"....."Who?"...……………………………………..When they can purchase Glock's, or M&P's or many other firearms at prices where they can double their money, they carry the more well known/popular manufacturers. Usually, trading a firearm to a gun dealer, or a pawn shop, is like getting a root canal without Novocain. The only time you get raped more is paying taxes.

It's retail. They stock/buy what people ask them for. If a whole bunch of people asked them for Kahrs you can bet your patootie they'd have them. There are a few shops around here that are listed as Kahr dealers but they never have any. "I can get you one but aint this Glock a nice one? More reliable too."

They have to make money.
    They usually pay about 1/2 retail, and then sell for 70-75% of new price.
    NRA Benefactor

They do not carry them, because the general public does not know Squat about handguns. Ever seen a clerk behind the counter break down two guns and compare them side by side? I haven't. Watch them pull out a Ruger LCP faster than a NY minute. Then the only comparison will be against a Sig 238. When the customer goes into sticker shock, the LCP gets sold quickly. And I am guessing there is a good markup on those cheap guns. And most gun shops where I live do not carry Beretta's either. Ask them why and just stupid excuses. People that come into gun shops are looking for the most popular not the best. Tight tolerences, stainless steel, quality mags, steel inserts etc have no meaning to them.
    And speaking of Ruger. Probably do more massive advertising than anyone out there.
    I have new for ya, Most popular does not mean best. I never go into a gun shop to find a gun and I never take the advice of the guy behind the counter. Chances are he would not know a Kahr from his elbow.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    They do not carry them, because the general public does not know Squat about handguns. Ever seen a clerk behind the counter break down two guns and compare them side by side? I haven't. Watch them pull out a Ruger LCP faster than a NY minute. Then the only comparison will be against a Sig 238. When the customer goes into sticker shock, the LCP gets sold quickly. And I am guessing there is a good markup on those cheap guns. And most gun shops where I live do not carry Beretta's either. Ask them why and just stupid excuses. People that come into gun shops are looking for the most popular not the best. Tight tolerences, stainless steel, quality mags, steel inserts etc have no meaning to them.
    And speaking of Ruger. Probably do more massive advertising than anyone out there.
    I have new for ya, Most popular does not mean best. I never go into a gun shop to find a gun and I never take the advice of the guy behind the counter. Chances are he would not know a Kahr from his elbow.
    Lots of truth right there. My one man LGS guy is a knowledgeable fellow and will tell you the same thing. All other local and big box stores know basically nothing. to them it’s just a job I guess but still sad.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Vey well put in my opinion!