Crimsontrace   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shiny things!

Default Shiny things!

My meeting today got delayed, so I stopped in to the LGS to kill some time. Strolling back to the rear counter, something caught my eye. It was about the prettiest thing I’ve seen in a long time.

A shiny nickel plated RIA 1911. It gleamed like liquid mercury, ready to flow. Hard to take my eyes off it. Until I caught a glimpse of the $700+ price tag, that is.

Next to it, placed quite deliberately I’m sure, was a new Colt Gold Cup, with its brushed stainless finish and blue Formica grips. I’m sure the Gold Cup is a fine firearm, but that slippery gleaming Rock was the smokin’ hot gal that turned my head.

I’m certainly not taking her home with me, I’ll leave her for some other guy to caress. But I expect I’ll remember her for a long time.

Ahh...as I recently told my spouse approved girlfriend, about to turn 45 and not as hot looking as she was 20 years ago, at lunch awhile back...."Pretty is not the same as truly attractive."

That's true for me, anyway. I'd take the Gold Cup.
    NRA Benefactor

Yup, me to. Gold Cup all the way although I have toyed with a Rock 9mm 1911. Not sure why but the desire is there.
    Maybe as I get older I don't really want to take anybody out with my 45. I'll just ruin their day with a 9.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Cool I like the shinny

Barth,

Please excuse my ignorance. But, what is that nice, pretty, shiny Sig?

-Wlf

Never been into high gloss stainless myself. Matte finish for me. I do like high gloss in (real) blued, however.
    NRA Benefactor

Default Ahhh shiny stuff...

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Polished Rugers, oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post

Had a hankering for one of them Tracker knives for a long time, one of these days I'll scratch that itch. That's pretty much spot on the one I been dreaming of.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Not shiny, but my RIA story. It may be hit or miss but I think they make a pretty solid firearm.

Interesting you bring up a RIA 1911. About a year ago a customer had a RIA Compact in 9mm for sale along with 5 mags. The gun was in "as new" condition. They wanted $450 and I said I would take it at the same time one of our female customers said the same thing. I did the right thing and let her have the gun and she took it into the range to give it a try. She shot it OK and handed it to me. With the target at 30’, I put three in the center of a fifty-foot bullseye target. That model had fantastic sights and a really nice trigger.

Fast forward to last weekend when that lady came into the range and offered the gun for the $450 she paid. I said OK and took it to a bay to try it out.
    Same target at 30’ and it looked like I was shooting a shotgun. Hits everywhere but not where I was aiming. I handed it to another RSO and he proceeded to put 49 of 50 in the black with the missed shot just a ½” off.
    Needless to say, I handed him the gun lent him the $450 in my pocket to give the seller and everyone was happy.
    "Never pet a burning dog"