CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My New Arrival

Default My New Arrival

I picked this up today couple days early, didn't expect it till Friday or early next week. Kind of wanted one for a while and as is my usual practice I checked with the local shop to see what he could do for me. Surprisingly he was very competitive with one I found on line. Even with free shipping he was close and ahead of the game by not having to pay a transfer fee like we're required to do here in Washington.

I kind of wanted this to try out a red dot sight that is apparently all the rage these days with law enforcement, especially for officers whose eyes are getting tired. We have one on duty who thinks it's just the cats pajama's. Personally I think it's like putting a scope on a lever rifle but soon as I can afford a decent red dot I shall give it a try.

It also has a light rail so I can use it for a night stand gun if all pans out. Magazines hold 20 rounds of.......9mm, so figure it's about equal to my Cbob with 8 45's, will carry a spare 20 rounder just to be safe.

Here she be.

A lot of good stuff for less than 450. Extra back straps, 4 sight plates for different sights, 3 different mag releases, small, medium and large, a holster that's basically a write off and some extra parts.

Co worker has one and says it's the most accurate pistol he owns, so maybe it will make me look good when we hit the range.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Congrats on the TP9SFX Bawanna! I've read good things about those and the video reviews I've seen are very positive
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I've been shooting my sfx every range trip since I got it. The reflex sight is great!! I have a Vortex Viper. I've not found a flaw on the Canik. Might be my new favorite pistol. You'll enjoy this one.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Nice pistol. I’ve wanted to try one. What I’m really waiting to see if if you become a 9mm fanboy.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Nice pistol. I’ve wanted to try one. What I’m really waiting to see if if you become a 9mm fanboy.
    Doubt there are enough days left for that to happen. You should take some ivory soap and wash your brain out for even thinking that kind of thought.

It's especially disturbing since several of the officers here are screaming to go back to 9's!!!! Took me 15 years to get these guys real guns, now they want to complete the circle and start all over gain with mouse guns. Sounds like it's going to happen, in part because 9's are the only ones you can get holsters for reflex sights which will probably happen soon too.

I think it might be time for me to move on. Sit on the porch, fondle my wood stocked 94 Winchester and my all steel 1911 and think about happy times of yesteryear while watching Wagon Train on MeTV.

One thing I discovered last night as I was checking out the new addition is it fits perfectly in a Blackhawk Serpa Glock 21 holster. I mean like it was meant for it.
    The holster that came with it is kind of crazy. It's right hand/paddle that looks like a Serpa but says Canik on it, but the release lever is on the left side and you can't reach it or even touch it with the paddle attached. Somebody messed up big time on this one. It doesn't fit the gun anywhere near as well as the Blackhawk so that was kind of a good thing.

So far without shooting it, I'm very happy with it, got it at the local shop and saved an additional 15 bucks after running my debit card. Had a long discussion how banks are robbing business's increasing prices for consumers without doing much of anything and then make tons of money on CC interest. Just ain't right.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I think you should be sitting there with a SA revolver instead of a "Modern" 1911.
    NRA Benefactor

I could actually picture him like that.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Good point, my Birdshead 45 Colt is still my favorite. Born 100 years too late I guess.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Good point, my Birdshead 45 Colt is still my favorite. Born 100 years too late I guess.
    At least you were born on the right continent
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickok, one of my favorite movies. I don't even have speakers here at work but I know all the words.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan