CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: FINNALY got proceeded

Default FINNALY got proceeded

Well after about 3 or 4 weeks they called back with a preceed. Still not sure what the duss was about but i am a happy camper. The proud new owner of a Lew Horton 686-3. I also love the beautiful grips on it. Here she is:
    GLOCK... THE POOR MANS KAHR.

Don't see no pictures. You could be jiving us some?
    The 686-3 would be the 6 shooter as opposed to the 686 Plus 7 shooter?

I love the 686 but not partial to the 7 shooter myself. Really like to have one myself before the river crossing but time will tell.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Sorry for some reason not letting me attach my file.. any ideas?
    GLOCK... THE POOR MANS KAHR.

Sure, just send the gun to me.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Just so you know, if your FFL gets a "delayed", he/she can issue the gun after 7 days without hearing back from NICs.
    Some dealers have a self imposed limit to doing this though, out of fear they will eventually get a "denied" and have to try to get the gun returned.
    At least that's how it worked here in Idaho for me, but could vary state to state, as I was always getting delayed before I got my cc in Idaho.
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.

Here in Washington they can issue the gun if no response from NICS but if you get a denied from NICS, they must wait until they get a proceed or a denial.
    With our new law going into effect, I was told May and also July I don't know how it's going to work. Nobody does.

Still hoping it gets shut down. We will no longer be able to pay and walk out with the gun with a CPL like we always have. Dealers can't run checks themselves, all checks have to go through law enforcement. CPLs also have to wait 10 days like everybody else. Semi rifles will get backgrounded just like handguns.
    There's a mandatory training provision to buy anything semi auto and all semi rifles are now considered assault rifles, so even a 10/22 will require a back ground check and proof of a class. So far no criteria for what the class entails or how long, or who will be allowed to offer the class.

A dealer told me last week the class was even on use or safety or function of the gun but more suicide prevention, deescalation tactics and a bunch of other head shrink BS.

I'm going to be very busy and hopefully have all my semi auto rifle wants handled as I'm no doing any of that stuff.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well, I guess the entire left coast has now gone to 2nd Amendment hell. Good thing for me I don't go nor want or care to go there anymore.
    NRA Benefactor

Actually, CA. just got some pretty good news this weekend.

And that is.......the fault is finally gonna break off?
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!