Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back Pocket P380??

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

100_3844.jpg 100_3853.jpg

Can be used as a wallet holster or remove the screws and use it as a pocket holster. He will make it for you with or without the laser attached.

http://www.bearcreekholsters.com/

23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

I use a Recluse OS holster for front pocket carry of a P380, but it works fine and does not show in a back pocket if the pocket is deep enough. The back panel is about 5-1/4" high x 4" wide.

It is available in right or left "hand" depending on which way you want to turn your hand to draw from a back pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    100_3844.jpg 100_3853.jpg

Can be used as a wallet holster or remove the screws and use it as a pocket holster. He will make it for you with or without the laser attached.

http://www.bearcreekholsters.com/

I love Bear Creek's work. When I sold my Seecamp, it hurt me more to lose the BC holster than the pistol.

Could I trouble you to measure the back panel on yours?

4 3/8 inches wide by 5 1/4 deep.

100_854.jpg

I tried to imitate his work by making myself one for the P380 without the crimson trace. Turned out pretty good.

Bullardleather.com makes a fine holster for this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    4 3/8 inches wide by 5 1/4 deep.
    Awesome...thanks much!!

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    Bullardleather.com makes a fine holster for this purpose.
    Just took a look...good stuff. Thanks!

I think that the P380 is preferred for wallet holsters , from what I gathered. I have a pocket holsters.com holster for my NAA guardian 32. That is pretty much the Seecamp size, and it works great. I want to get something a little bigger for the back pocket of my overalls. I have an MK9; but it is too heavy and to pretty to put in work gear. I see some good deals and a rebate from Kahr now and I am thinking of picking up a CM9 only for those larger pockets. That guy from pocket holsters .com who makes the holsters, they call Guru, does a nice job , and fully dyes and waxes , etc. from scratch. He puts the fasteners low where it hinges so it opens nice when you draw. Pocketholsters.com have most of they're holsters in stock too. Holster Pro holsters look good and he includes shipping. Those are English saddle leather, Pocketholsters.com uses Herman Oak, I believe. Good luck in your travels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike53 View Post
    I think that the P380 is preferred for wallet holsters , from what I gathered. I have a pocket holsters.com holster for my NAA guardian 32. That is pretty much the Seecamp size, and it works great. I want to get something a little bigger for the back pocket of my overalls. I have an MK9; but it is too heavy and to pretty to put in work gear. I see some good deals and a rebate from Kahr now and I am thinking of picking up a CM9 only for those larger pockets. That guy from pocket holsters .com who makes the holsters, they call Guru, does a nice job , and fully dyes and waxes , etc. from scratch. He puts the fasteners low where it hinges so it opens nice when you draw. Pocketholsters.com have most of they're holsters in stock too. Holster Pro holsters look good and he includes shipping. Those are English saddle leather, Pocketholsters.com uses Herman Oak, I believe. Good luck in your travels.
    Great info. Thanks for that.

For the time being, I'm going to try my new-to-me Seecamp .32 (an older Milford model...made back when they were finished by hand). I haven't even taken delivery yet, so I don't know how happy I'll be with my new acquisition, but I do know that my previous Seecamp was a perfect fit in the back pocket, whereas the P380 is marginal. Issues with Seecamps usually involve ammo sensitivity and some quirky manufacturing irregularities...so it really does come down to trying each individual pistol.

Frankly, I prefer the Kahr's trigger, sights, mag release, ammo selection, and takedown procedure. The only advantage of the Seecamp is that it is a) pretty and b) tiny. But if it doesn't work out I'm going to grab one of the several back pocket holsters mentioned on this thread, and see how my P380 carries in various pants.