Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap all day range gun

Default Cheap all day range gun

Well I have enough impulse guns....well what the heck is one more! I figure at $119 spent on a .22lr 7954175_01_new_heritage_rough_rider_22lr__640.jpg single shot, single unload empty casing revolver I can spend all day at the range for around $5.00

My dad has one of those but with wood grips. Not a bad plinker for the price for sure!

SAM_1672.jpg Received my Heritage .22 Rough Rider today. The box is different and the grips are not the exact ones in the picture ad, but almost! Cleaned it and will take it to the range tomorrow. Might get the .22 mag cylinder someday, only $30, but $30 I can use right now.

You had me wondering for a bit but that's a single action, not a single shot. Holds 6 and pull the hammer each shot, then have to eject each chamber one at a time?

My kind of gun. I'm a born thumb buster myself.

Somebody did make a true single shot, looked like a revolver but only had one chamber that popped out to reload.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    You had me wondering for a bit but that's a single action, not a single shot. Holds 6 and pull the hammer each shot, then have to eject each chamber one at a time?

My kind of gun. I'm a born thumb buster myself.

Somebody did make a true single shot, looked like a revolver but only had one chamber that popped out to reload.
    My bad...lol Yes 6 shooter... single action, thumb ==wear r outer== revolver.

I've put a lot more rounds down range with a thumb buster than I have with autos. Actually probably close to a tie now and maybe the auto's have the lead as I haven't shot the revolvers in a long long time. Much too long now that I ponder it. Might have to work on fixing that.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I bought the new Ruger Wrangler .22 revolver from Outdoor Superstore and just got an e mail from Fed Ex it will be at my FFl Wed for Pick it up Wed. Heritage Arms and I are not seeing eye to eye on their 12 week repair time for a manufacture defect in the molding process of the sights. That is just a ridiculous amount of time to look at the gun...determine it is in fact a defect in the molding of the frame/sight groove and send me a new gun.SAM_1684.jpg From what I have been seeing repair and customer service was much different before Taurus bought Heritage Arms. The Rough Rider was not a bad little "Fun at the range" gun, but the sight defect gave my OCD a workout.

I intend to get a Ruger Wrangler if one is available for $200 or under. The black version.

They look to be a lot of gun for the price. After you take possession please let us know how yours compares in fit & finish to the Heritage?
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

The words "cheap" and "all day range gun" may be an oxymoron. Let Ruger come to the rescue. Better yet, Ruger Convertible.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

SAM_1735.jpgPicked it up from the FFL yesterday, cleaned and lubed, bought some ammo and ready for the range later today...... when it is a more human friendly temp outside!!! Till I find the exact leather holster I want, cheap one I have for the Rough Rider will work....seeing how it is still in ......TAURUS GUN REPAIR LIMBO!!!!