Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Magazine Holsters

Default Magazine Holsters

We used to have a member that made really good molded leather Mag Holsters. Is he still around?

Probably thinking of Beardog and he did do excellent work. I haven't checked in with him for quite a spell, I'll see if I can contact him and have him drop in.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thank you it was beardog it would be great if he is still making them

I sent him an email, hopefully I get a response. I still carry one of his clip on single mag pouches nearly every day.

Still have a burning desire for a Rottweiler which he instigated. Probably never have one but I still want one.

Get one now and then at my second job at Tractor Supply, pretty cool dogs.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I bought a few mag holsters from him too. Around three years ago, he told me my order was going to be the last one. His hobby had become to much like work. He said the only reason he took my order, was that it was going to consume most of his on hand inventory. I had placed a fairly large order because coworkers wanted a few things too.

With that in mind, there is a local guy that works at the cowboy store, that does leather work. The workmanship is about 92% of beardogs, but still not bad. I took one of my .45 holsters too him and he made decent copies. You may be able to find someone local to help you out.
    NRA Benefactor

i have never found anyone that could mold the shape like beardog gives just the right retention. maybe he will answer and get going again. thanks for replies

I got a response back from Beardog and he confirms that he's not making stuff any longer other than his own from time to time.
    jeffstone, he got your email and tried to respond but your email is blocking him for some reason.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan