Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Kahr K9 w/ Crimson Trace Grips & Dawson F/O Sights - Range Report added

Default Kahr K9 w/ Crimson Trace Grips & Dawson F/O Sights - Range Report added

Haven't posted in awhile...

Come to think of it, I haven't shot my K9 since I added the awesome Dawson fiber-optic sights...

And with a set of Crimson Trace laser grips on board, that I was lucky enough to buy basically unused off a seller from this forum, my Kahr K9 is ready for just about anything now.

I gotta get her out shooting SOON!

Tight grips.

Old No7
    Last edited by Old No7; 05-02-2019 at 01:44 PM.
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Nice, I love those sights. I have the same grips on my K40. The laser reflected off the slide release, dot looks better after I shortened the slide stop. The perfect carry piece!

Well, we shot my Kahr K9 the other evening just before dusk, on white metal plates at the local range. The red dot -- which is largely invisible on sunny days -- was clearly seen out on the plates. That was great, as I'd been meaning to confirm the POI vs POA per regulation with the sights. My nephew and I had no issues going 6-for-6 when using the red dot and not shooting too fast. Of course, the 100% hits dropped when we upped the speed, but it was fun to finally shoot the K9 using the laser.

It was pretty amazing to watch all the "FrAnTiC mOvEmEnTs" of the "nervous dot" while the shooter was aiming, recovering and especially when in full recoil too (as the local range has a sloped wooden roof/ceiling coming down and out over the shooters. We were both surprised that we each thought we shot more consistently when using the awesome Dawson fiber-optic sights, but our shots were definitely a little bit faster using the red dot. It doesn't take much movement at all to move the dot, and I can see how that might help be a training aid for newer shooters. We found we did better when we tried to keep the dot within a 2" to 3" circle on the 8" plates (center of mass), rather than trying to keep it "exactly in the middle" which resulted in too much control and over-steering it. That was an interesting finding for sure...

So I'm thinking I will need to practice with the laser more often for as long as she's wearing it.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Love these Dawson sights. I've got them on my MK9.