Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Adding Beavertail to K9

Default Adding Beavertail to K9

I handled a K9 all steel the other day and really liked the size, trigger, and weight. Only issue was the beavertail or lack of. The back end of the pistol jams into the meat of my hand and more importantly the corner pokes into my thumb knuckle. I could tell when the pistol was fired all that energy would transferred into that first point of contact and slam right into my knuckle.

Since its all steel would it be possible for a gunsmith to fabricate a beavertail or maybe take a 1911 beaver tail and modify it? Would it be possible to even attach one via welding or drilling a pin?

Seems like alot but i really like the K9 and really like the T9 even more and one is available at my local shop. If the gun would ride on top of my hand it would be perfect. Somebody makes a aftermarket poly beavertail for glocks that might work but its plastic.

By my estimation, T9s are harder to find, so for that and your liking it even more I'd go for that. But consider bike tire tube or other rubberized and inexpensive, non-permanent grip solutions. You might try shooting one first if possible, and see if in fact you do have a knuckle busting problem or not.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!
    this space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by chengpu42 View Post
    I handled a K9 all steel the other day and really liked the size, trigger, and weight. Only issue was the beavertail or lack of. The back end of the pistol jams into the meat of my hand and more importantly the corner pokes into my thumb knuckle. I could tell when the pistol was fired all that energy would transferred into that first point of contact and slam right into my knuckle.

Since its all steel would it be possible for a gunsmith to fabricate a beavertail or maybe take a 1911 beaver tail and modify it? Would it be possible to even attach one via welding or drilling a pin?

Seems like alot but i really like the K9 and really like the T9 even more and one is available at my local shop. If the gun would ride on top of my hand it would be perfect. Somebody makes a aftermarket poly beavertail for glocks that might work but its plastic.

If you have found a T9, buy it. They are the best Kahr pistol, and that's saying something. The T9 is still small enough to conceal, but it's large enough to shoot very well, easily. I absolutely love mine. I love it to the point I take it to the range more than any other pistol.

T9s are something special.