Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop

Thread: CW380 Slide Stop Tab

Default CW380 Slide Stop Tab

Tried everything and the slide continues to lock back mid magazine. The little tab on the slide stop was hitting the side of the bullets. I ground on it and said screw it, and just ground the tab flat. Figured I don’t carry an extra mag so it’s no biggie. Any harm in grinding that tab off...other than the slide stop not working?

first post. Long time stalker.
    E9, P9, CW380

Quote Originally Posted by Jakerex View Post
    Tried everything and the slide continues to lock back mid magazine. The little tab on the slide stop was hitting the side of the bullets. I ground on it and said screw it, and just ground the tab flat. Figured I don’t carry an extra mag so it’s no biggie. Any harm in grinding that tab off...other than the slide stop not working?

first post. Long time stalker.
    E9, P9, CW380
    Not that I can see
    Thanks for posting!
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thanks. I couldn’t believe that the side of the bullets were hitting the slide stop tab on their way up and out of the magazine. Reall Silly design if you ask me.

Kahr wanted it back to grind and buff that tab but said it would be 6 weeks.

I ground it a bit, and a little too far. The slide would only lock back every so often, when it was supposed to. So, as stated previously, I just ground it flat.

Put another 100 rounds through it today without any issues.

I have about 500 rounds through it now and have to say it’s a great gun.

The only Ammo that gave me any issues was the Winchester white box with the blunt nose bullets. A couple times when I dropped the slide on a magazine full of them it would just stop. It gobbled up every other brand I threw at it.

Sure beats the LCP.

This little pistol is accurate too.

Crossbreed microclip is on the way and a some kydex for a whitehat IWB. I look forward to carrying something lighter this summer.......a P9 has been my EDC for a few years, with the XDS45 before that.

Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk