Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still a bear to rack.....but perfection in performance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Still a bear to rack.....but perfection in performance

Installed new springs and took the CW380 out for a shoot today. another 50 rds thru it....almost 1000 rds now. Loading, firing, ejection and accuracy is one perfect marvel. Still need a boy scout troop, circus strongman and a Seal team to rack it. Is better though...do not need to use the additional 20 mule team with the other members of the gang anymore.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I do agree Kahr’s can be a tight...but really?! My P9 isn’t that bad. Always a good day going to the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jokester945 View Post
    I do agree Kahr’s can be a tight...but really?! My P9 isn’t that bad. Always a good day going to the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And my CM9 is a breeze to rack also.....along with every other semi auto handgun I own.

I'll bet every time you change springs your CW380 will be a bear to rack despite break-in.

IDPA BELEIVER

NRA LIFER

Quote Originally Posted by bugs View Post
    I'll bet every time you change springs your CW380 will be a bear to rack despite break-in.

IDPA BELEIVER

NRA LIFER
    This is an ongoing thing with my gun. I have changed springs with another CW380 a friend has....his gun was still the same with my springs as it was with his gun's springs, and my gun was still a bear with his springs.????? Trip to Kahr accomplished nothing as they say they replaced a mag spring....which THEY DID NOT, and some other crazy thing I forget what it was, that would also have nothing to do with the problem....obviously because it never corrected the program. As stated in another thread...no EDC with it, a hidden away at home gun for one mag of emergency fire power.

glad you have a CM9 that works well; my CM9 is my EDC/BUG DIV. gun; have about 10K+ rounds down range on original recoil springs and shows no signs of weakning. not a bear by any means, but needs a firm hand to rack and lock back.

IDPA BELEIVER

NRA LIFER

Is it still hard to rack wit no mag in it?

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Is it still hard to rack wit no mag in it?
    yep

My Kahr's are harder to rack than some other makes that I own. I always have to use a very firm grip on the Kahrs. I never carry the CM9 or MX9 without one in the chamber for fear on not being able to rack one into the chamber in emergencies. Some of the others I can leave unloaded in the chamber without worry because of the difference in ease of loading..