I've dry fired my CM45 a few times...well maybe 50 times. Trigger is decent I can get used to it. I have yet to field strip the gun and Ballistol it like Hickok45 taught me to do to my Glocks. I know about the Kahr lube points and I've been watching field strip videos.

The thing is the pistol seems to be lubed very well from the factory. So I'm actually thinking of leaving it Kahr factory lubed and oiled until I get to the gun range. This might be a few months. Until then I will put the gun unloaded in the safe. This is not my carry gun yet as I haven't even fired one round yet. I can't keep myself from palming this little hellcat from time to time and dry firing some when I go by the safe. Which is often. Like daily!

Does anybody know what Kahr uses at the factory for lube? Is it a good idea to just leave it factory oiled until after the first range trip? Is it over oiled from the factory for corrosion resistance?

And do you guys use silicone cloth on the outside of the slide to remove finger oils like I've always done?

Tell me your thoughts on what a Kahr noob should know about lube.

TYFYT