Crimsontrace   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P380 Range Ammo??

Default P380 Range Ammo??

So I've got my P380 firmly seated in my EDC rotation. I couldn't like the gun any more, and with both Critical Defense and Ruger ARX rounds it has been 100% reliable.

But neither of those are cheap. (And in the case of the ARX, they are also exceedingly rare...it looks like Midway and other distributors are running low, and charging full retail. I just grabbed a lot of 250 rounds, but I won't be able to afford another one.)

So I need to find a good range round to avoid dipping into my EDC, but the usual choices likely won't feed well in my Kahr. Blazer is a possibility, but I am skeptical.

Any proven options out there?

Everything feeds well in mine, except Fiocci, and Perfecta. Those two won’t even chamber.

Ventura Munitions has ARX for $87.50 for 250 rounds, which is what most FMJ range ammo would cost @ Walmart $17.50/50rds. (Note to self... Buy a box soon.)

-wlf

I use Blazer Brass. Works perfectly.

Blazer Brass and PMC Bronze run great in my CT380.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

I decided to roll my own. Berrys 100g round nose, hollow base with starline brass works great. Only problem is finding those little suckers to reload.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by Wlfman13 View Post
    Ventura Munitions has ARX for $87.50 for 250 rounds, which is what most FMJ range ammo would cost @ Walmart $17.50/50rds. (Note to self... Buy a box soon.)

-wlf
    Not anymore. I ordered some in March, but they canceled the order and refunded my money with an email stating that they had none left in stock, but would email IF they became available. Bummer....

Thanks for the recommendations on PMC and Blazer. I've used the latter with some success, although I'd grown a bit leery since my P380 has settled into being a very reliable albeit ammo-picky little pistol. I'll buy a bit of both and see how they work out.

I would try Lawman at less than 25 cents per round. I’ve good luck with it with 9mm.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/380-auto?ikw=Lawman

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    I would try Lawman at less than 25 cents per round. I’ve good luck with it with 9mm.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/380-auto?ikw=Lawman
    That one is new to me. Thanks!!

ARX .380 in bulk from Ventura Munitions is almost as cheap as range ammo and indistinguishable from what comes in Ruger boxes. It’s great to practice with your carry ammo.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899