Xssights   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun

Thread: New Member from RI

Default New Member from RI

Hello,

I just picked up a PM45 and am very happy with it so far. I am a Bullseye shooter and wanted to carry a 45ACP and it seems like I finally found the pistol I was looking for.

Looking for recommendations for some holsters. I like small in the back in the winter, pocket carry in the summer, and a few friends of mine are fans of ankle carry. Tuckable IWB is also a holster I will need. Right now I primarily pocket carry a Sig P938. I'll be cruising the forum and if anyone has any suggestions.

I also load 45ACP and have a lot of Speer Gold Dot 185 gr that I was going to use. Any pet loads would be nice. I primarily use Bullseye 4.0 gr and N310 4.2 gr for competition shooting.

Thanks

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Great gun and welcome to the site!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

I carry my PM45 in a Garrett Silent Thunder, great holster. Also use an ankle rig available from the Kahr site, I think it's probably Bianchi but don't recall, have to look.
    I've often thought of trying 185's in the PM45 but always carried 230's like I do in all the others.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I carry my PM45 in a Garrett Silent Thunder, great holster. Also use an ankle rig available from the Kahr site, I think it's probably Bianchi but don't recall, have to look.
    I've often thought of trying 185's in the PM45 but always carried 230's like I do in all the others.
    I've been shooting it with the 185 gr Speer Gold Dot and I like it. Just a little of the edge off and better control-ability. I shoot 185 gr so much that I like the feel.

Thanks for the Holster recommendations. I will check them out. There are a few Ankle holsters on Kahr site. Do you know the one that you have.

Mine is a leather holster with a thumb break attached to the skin diver suit type material. One's an Ankle Glove and can't remember the other or which is which. There's one that's like all skin diver suit material, kind of a one size fits all, works fine, had them in the past but forget about reholstering without some effort.
    I have one that fits with a CT laser and one that fits without.
    I'll go look at the sight and get the straight skinny.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/p4...right-hand.asp

This is the one I have. There's one with a calf strap that some prefer but since I'm in a wheelchair and don't run or even walk fast I found I don't need it.
    It works well sitting in a chair or in the car, sometimes easier to get to than a belt gun.

Mine is generally in a back up mode to a belt gun, don't really like a primary on my ankle except like when I'm working where I'm not supposed to have a gun and such.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/p4...right-hand.asp

This is the one I have. There's one with a calf strap that some prefer but since I'm in a wheelchair and don't run or even walk fast I found I don't need it.
    It works well sitting in a chair or in the car, sometimes easier to get to than a belt gun.
    Thanks so much for your help. I will definitely check it out. By the way, can you still get the CT Laser anywhere for the PM45. It appears to be discontinued on the website.

I think and I got nothing solid to back this up with but seem to recall that CT quit making them.
    If you really want one we can talk, I'm not really a laser guy, they are a good thing in many respects but I put it on and take it off all the time.
    I let my son use my K40 so for the time being I gave him the ankle rig that doesn't fit the laser and use the one with the laser for my PM45.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan