CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New K40 for $297

Default New K40 for $297

On a whim I browsed the Bud’s website and discovered they have the K40 for barely over $300. I used the make an offer feature and got it for $297. Given that the K9 is listed for around $600 that’s quite a deal. Of course I ordered one and I wanted to pass the message along in case anyone else wanted to take advantage.

there's also a $45 rebate coupon code. So you can pick up a new K40 and extra mag or holster all for under $300... Thanks for the heads up OP...

I tried to purchase and price went up to $460-ouch

Well that didn't last long. Now they are $450 for the cheapest one.

The odd thing is that buds had it listed for $297, I signed into my account added to my cart and when I went to pay the price showed $460.

The old bait & switch maybe.

I already have a K9 & K40-Black Diamond. For that price I wanted the black diamond to have a brother

Sorry. At least maybe a couple of people got one.

Damn! That makes my old black carbon steel K40 with night sights not worth much!

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyKid View Post
    The odd thing is that buds had it listed for $297, I signed into my account added to my cart and when I went to pay the price showed $460.

I already have a K9 & K40-Black Diamond. For that price I wanted the black diamond to have a brother
    I think they probably have a pricing algorithm similar to Amazon. They dropped the price until it was so low some one noticed, then once they sold a couple the system noticed the increase in popularity and bumped the price up. It might be worthwhile to keep checking it occasionally to see if it trends back down.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyKid View Post

I think it's more like they got a few for a low price, amd once those sold, thet raised the price. Their profit margins remain the same regardless... Plus, Buds does not hold the item for you while it's in your cart... Someone else probably sent submitted their payment before you.

Quote Originally Posted by outerlimit View Post
    Well that didn't last long. Now they are $450 for the cheapest one.
    It was listed at $300 for about a day. It may be temporary lowered again. I've missed deals at Buds, stalked their website like once every other hour or so for a few days, and eventually the price dropped one last time. Happened to me twice so far.