Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: New CM45 experience

Default New CM45 experience

I bought my first Kahr last month a CM45 and after cleaning and oiling headed to the range. On the forth magazine the slide stop pin came out causing the slide to lock back, I pushed it back in and finished the magazine two later it happened again so I held it in with my thumb to finish my first 50 rounds. On inspection I found the spring to have a indent in the spring and the pin was easy to remove I tried to straighten but was too small to work on, email Kahr but never got a answer but I did find great information on this site. I ordered a replacement spring and it came in a few days. Installed and adjusted per the video and headed back to the range. Put 4 box of Remington UMC 230 gr without a problem, I was surprised as to the recoil was very manageable and felt less than my 40 S&W G23. On cleaning I noticed some penning marks on the breach where mates to barrel but nothing on the slide I sent pictures with note on email to Kahr but have not herd back. I have since run two more boxes Rem UMC a magazine of HDY XTP, REM HD Ultimate Home Defense, and WIN PDX Defender and all performed about the same target wise, the gun performed perfect. I did Dremel out the U in the slide as it got chewed up on the first outing. The accuracy and performance is more than I expected and is my new carry gun replacing a G43. And I want to mention I always ware shooting gloves at the range, the texture is a little sharp on this gun, as it should be.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

I've always worried about that spring on my CM45, extra careful when reinserting the pin, always to make sure I go under. I don't think you will have anymore problems with it.

Welcome to the site, lots of good people here.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

I own both a p380,cm40 and a pm9 and I have had exceptional customer service from Kahr whenever I have needed anything from them. I would suggest that you call first and get an actual human. Emails always get handled last. I hope your pistol runs flawlessly from now on.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Congratulations on getting it running right. Glad you like it.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Thank you for your sugestion I did call but was on hold like forever and I thought a picture was needed for clairaty anyway so I emailed. If it was more serrious I will be willing to stay on the line. Thanks for suggesting and I may go through the phone to let them know I emailed them.

Emails may get handled last but I believe they are handled more thoroughly with time for thought, where as on the phone they try to move it along for the next call and sometimes make a wrong decision.

Your correct, pictures do help and you can be more thorough in your description of the issue.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."