Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: PM9 ejector causing rear frame to bulge

Default PM9 ejector causing rear frame to bulge

New here, first post. I just got a used PM9 and it has the bulge at the rear of the frame. Not excess material, the ejector is apparently pushing the frame back. This post perfectly describes my PM9: http://www.kahrtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-4410.html
    I have emailed Kahr and waiting for a reply.
    My question is, how many others have had this problem, searching finds this post and several mentions of loose extractors and excess material.
    Wondering how this particular problem has been rectified - the post mentioned showed frame replacement as the resolution.

Lots of crickets around here.....

Welcome to the forum. I think one of my Kahr 9mm’s had this. What I did was shoot it a couple of hundred rounds and mine functioned fine. I then took a razor knife and either a needle file or some 1000 grit sand paper and evened it up.

If it functions fine I don’t think it’s an ejector issue or a fitment issue but probably some over molding of the polymer frame. Given it’s used, if it functions OK I’d just shoot it and enjoy it. No sense I’d say in sweating it too much or paying for a frame.

By the way, the PM9 and CM9 are awesome shooting pistols for their size. I think you’ll like it.

hope this helps.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Thanks, I sent it to Kahr. I'll see what they say and how much money, then go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by wally1 View Post
    Lots of crickets around here.....
    i was speechless. You were able to post a picture on your first post!! 😃😃👍 Maybe the rules have been changed.. yay...if so. I’m sure Kahr will take care of you. Just note though, that if they replace the frame, they’ll have to ship to a FFL.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Rules are the same, he apparently used a photo service which folks can use right away.
    I use postimage now, much easier for me than direct downloading. I'm kind of a computer idiot.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Never had much luck directly loading images from my computer so I just automatically use an image service.

I did read the post from 2010 that mentioned the new frame having to go through an FFL.

I hope that if a new frame is called for, I can get some assurance that it won't just happen again.

The info I am getting is that some with the same situation leave it as is and just keep shooting it , some trim the polymer and keep shooting it. Only found the one reference to frame replacement.

I suspect that posts about loose ejectors and excess polymer in the rear of the frame are related to this. "Some play in the ejector is normal" is frequently stated as Kahr's position.