Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: My introduction to the Desert Eagle

Default My introduction to the Desert Eagle

They talk a lot about video games and Arnold Schwarzenegger but I saw my first Desert Eagle in the 1990 movie Miami Blues with Alec Baldwin. The movie prompted me to go buy one in 1990. It cost me $1000 out the door. Best gun I ever bought. Of all the magnum pistols I’ve owned (Colt Python .357 and AMT .45 Win Mag) the Desert Eagle is the most manageable to shot. My Mother, all 5’ 4” and xxx lbs (never tell a woman’s weight) could fire it accurately. The only thing she could not do is chamber a round. I wish I had never sold it! Now all these years later I’m looking at getting another.

P.S. If you’ve never seen Mimi Blues it’s well worth watching a young Alec Baldwin play an opportunistic hardened, psychotic criminal. He does an excellent job in my opinion, great movie with a Desert Eagle in it. 😃👍😎

Despite what you read on the net, the new U.S. made ones are a lot higher quality than the old IMI junk put out in the 80's. I bought my first one around 1986, then another around 1996, then a few more after that.