Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rats!

Ed M, you can buy smoke bombs that are made to be placed inside the hole/tunnel. Then, the hole/tunnel is sealed up with dirt. That might to the trick.

-Wlf

I've used the CCI "Quiet 22" to dispatch skunks in the back yard. I live in town, and they don't make any more noise than a pellet rifle. That's in the back yard, which is fenced with no neighbors directly behind. I wouldn't in the front yard though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wlfman13 View Post
    Ed M, you can buy smoke bombs that are made to be placed inside the hole/tunnel. Then, the hole/tunnel is sealed up with dirt. That might to the trick.

-Wlf

Hmmmmm. This got the wheels turning.

Broke out my BDU's and some face paint and headed down to the Army/Navy store. Would you believe they don't sell claymores, or even (live) handgrenades? But you can buy a pair of pink Crocs.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Headed home, and did a little recon. This is the enemy base camp:

war1.jpg

Changed back into civies, swallowed my pride, and went down to the hardware store. Those goofy live trap things are $60 !!!!

I remembered your advise about the smoke bomb, and these look promising. Anything ya gotta insert a fuse in and light can't be all bad. The packaging is also soothing to the ego.....

war2.jpg

Can't buy claymores no more? What the heck is going on around here?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

No claymores. Whodathunkit?

The hardware store had a staggering array of pest control products. Everything from electronic devices to chemical warfare products.

They had a spray bottle of stuff that they claim repels deer. I can just picture some snowflake chasing deer in his yard while squirting stuff from a spray bottle at them.

Hopefully, these smoke bombs work. IIRC, you can mix Ivory dish soap with gasoline to make napalm......

Ate too much Ivory soap in High SChool, never could acquire a taste for it. That was in the days before positive reinforcement for the teachers.

Got me wondering about a delivery system for the napalm now though since we apparently can't get claymores no more. I better hoard what I got left and not waste them I reckon.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Ate too much Ivory soap in High SChool, never could acquire a taste for it. That was in the days before positive reinforcement for the teachers.hoard what I got left and not waste them I reckon.
    I got a lot of positive reinforcement in grammer school and I have the knuckles to prove it. Let me tell you, the nuns were positive I screwed up and generous with applying reinforcement!
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

I'm still pretty much afraid of nun's and priest to this day. I'm sure the priest wasn't a mean man but in the tender formative years he was quite intimidating.

A couple of the nuns I'm convinced were genuinely mean. Way too much satisfaction with the ruler if you ask me.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

The nun that taught my 4th grade class was Sister Aloysius.

We used to call her Vicious Aloysius.

She was so mean, she used to whack us on the knuckles with her ruler - on edge. It was one of those big rulers with the metal edge. It was not uncommon for it to draw blood.

Oh yeah, always the edge, much more painful that way.

I don't even remember names, maybe they hypnotized me and removed that part of the nightmares.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan