Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got Me a New 1911

Quote Originally Posted by Harrylee View Post
    ...Put the front sight on bottom of target with half pressure on the trigger and pre-stage then bring it up. When it looks good apply the last bit of pressure and break the shot
    I like this, and am gonna have to try it during the next range trip.

-Wlf

Top of front blade center of the of the bull. Now the thing is that the 3 inch target is smaller than front sight at this point all a mental game. Put the front sight on bottom of target with half pressure on the trigger and pre-stage then bring it up. When it looks good apply the last bit of pressure and break the shot
    I was curious because when I was shooting bullseye leagues I always wanted to have my sight picture with the entire bull visible as it gave me a lot more flexibility. When shooting the GI hardball leg I had to come up with a load that would allow that hold due to the fixed sights requirement.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    I was curious because when I was shooting bullseye leagues I always wanted to have my sight picture with the entire bull visible as it gave me a lot more flexibility. When shooting the GI hardball leg I had to come up with a load that would allow that hold due to the fixed sights requirement.
    Like I said before I am a total amateur at this and self-taught, and God's honest truth I can’t even see the center of the target. I just center the target within the front sight and keep applying pressure on the trigger till the shot breaks. I’m still learning at an old age, doing this for myself and do the best I can. Trigger control and sight alignment are what I’m drumming in my head plus all the other things like grip, breathing and stance and what ever else I need to do. So if you got any good tips I’m all ears.
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

Whatever your doing seems to be working just fine and dandy. I'd just keep doing what your doing.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

This stuff plays with your head for sure, now can I do it next trip to the range? I’ll try my best and ain’t gonna change my powder for my loads either
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

Cool When guns matter

Quote Originally Posted by O'Dell View Post
    I agree on the P220, Barth. Actually, for me, my 4 1/2 SIG is my best shooting 1911. Maybe something wrong with me too. I only have one full sized 1911, a SA lightweight, with the alloy frame.

Your P220 looks a lot like mine. What year is it?
    I'm not sure of the year...
    It's a W. German proof marked, factory nickel plated Sig.
    SN is G 151 792
    Proof Marked from Kiel W. German (From 1968)
    Imported from Tysons Corner-VA.

The gun is outstanding beyond the telling.
    Never though a gun was just too damn good to carry...
    This is the one

When I carry a Sig P220 these days.
    It's a P220 ST with +P Winchester Ranger T Series
    Death comes to breakfast...

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    I'm not sure of the year...
    It's a W. German proof marked, factory nickel plated Sig.
    SN is G 151 792
    Proof Marked from Kiel W. German (From 1968)
    Imported from Tysons Corner-VA.

The gun is outstanding beyond the telling.
    Never though a gun was just too damn good to carry...
    This is the one

When I carry a Sig P220 these days.
    It's a P220 ST with +P Winchester Ranger T Series
    Death comes to breakfast...
    I sent mine back to SIG for new night sights, all new springs, and a clean and polish in 2011. They said it was a 1995 vintage, and that they only made the nickel plated P220's for two or three years. Unfortunately, one month after I got it back it was stolen along with 14 other pistols. It was recovered a month later in a traffic stop no worse for the the event. I got lucky. I don't carry mine because it's too big and too nice to lose.

Cool W. German Sig P220 45 ACP Factory Nickel Plated

Way to nice to lose

..... So here are few of my good targets can’t do this all the time but when I do this makes this old man smile.

Attachment 16031
    Here's a shot of my departed RO that shows the billboard slide markings as compared to your RO Harrylee. I like the markings on yours.

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    My Kimber 38 Super.
    Keeping it simple while showing off those nice clean lines. I like it!

Hi Greg it’s been a while, as far as the ejector it has to be just Loctite no signs of a pin. I knew this going in on this gun but for the price range you get a forged steel frame and slide plus a stainless steel match barrel and bushing. Lock up on this is real tight and frame to slide I’d say is fairly tight and as far as it’s accuracy it’s way better than I am. Didn’t ever thing I could group that good one handed. I’ll give it a workout for sure, not even a month and over 1500 round thru it.
    My TRP's ejector was glued as well. As it was a little loose, I sent it back to have it drilled and pinned. They did a nice job of it; turned it around quickly and didn't charge me.

Might see the new Avengers movie this weekend, so I'm feeling some original Captain America love

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Very nice 1911s!

Being a poor retired schoolteacher, I still like my cheap but well made basic Remington R1. Darn great buy for the $399.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling