Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm so confused.

“...Wilson urged me to buy it in an email...”

🤣

-Wlf

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    At that price I would expect the trijicons to be burned out.
    I thought so too because during the day I couldn't detect a hint of a glow. I put the pistol on the nightstand last night. After a few minutes of total darkness I could see them begin to glow. As my visual purple levels grew I could see the glow well enough to tell where the pistol was on the nightstand and the direction the muzzle was pointing. The pistol was originally sold in 2011. I'm guessing the sights are probably at half strength.

Quote Originally Posted by TXscooterguy View Post
    Well it was touch and go for a while but they finally allowed me to buy it Here's how the scene played out.

I walk into the LGS and the kid behind the counter greets me.

Me: "You still got that Kahr PM9 for sale?"
    Davy: "Yeah."
    Me: "I'll take it."
    Davy: "Here, fill in this ATF Form 4473."
    Me: As I'm filling out the form I start to make small talk. "I wasn't sure about buying this pistol but Wilson urged me to do it."
    Davy: "Is Wilson another customer of ours?"
    Me: "No Wilson is a dog."
    Davy: Grabs the incomplete form me and says, "Wait here." He goes into the boss's office.
    Boss: As he comes over holding my Form 4473 in his hand says, "Davy tells me you told him that a dog told you to buy this pistol. Izzat right?"
    Me: "Dogs don't talk! That would be crazy."
    All: We stare at each other for what seems to be a long time.
    Boss: "Okay, finish filling out the form but carefully read question 11 (f) before you mark the box."
    Me: I finish the form and give it back for Davy's signature.
    Davy: I could of sworn you said Wilson the dog told you to buy this pistol."
    Me" "No, I never talked to Wilson. Wilson urged me to buy it in an email."
    Davy: Take the damn pistol and get the hell out of here!"
    Now that’s funny
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Now that I have the PM9, what do you think would be a fair price to ask for the CM9? It was fired just enough to break it in and make sure it's EDC dependable. It has the original cardboard box and all accoutrements. I'm thinking $269 (which happens to be what I paid for the PM9). Thoughts?

Sounds fair to me.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Unless you're really hard up for cash, or there's some unsolvable issue with the CM9, I would strongly recommend keeping both. One for each pocket. You'll have more magazines on hand, too.

I never owned a P series Kahr, but can not imagine liking it much better than I do my CM9. But, still want a MK9 elite and it is basically a metal, heavier CM9 too, but I want one so badddddddddd.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Unless you're really hard up for cash, or there's some unsolvable issue with the CM9, I would strongly recommend keeping both. One for each pocket. You'll have more magazines on hand, too.
    I go with this advice.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

When I bought the PM9 I asked the LGS what happens if I take it to the range and it doesn't shoot right. His response, "Then you own a gun that doesn't shoot right, 'cause it's being sold 'as is.'" Then I asked since it's 'as is,' can I field strip it here at the counter and examine it before I buy it? No!! Well this evening I put 150+ rounds through it. The last seven were Hornady Critical Defense in the magazine I intend to carry. It was absolutely flawless. I'll clean it tonight and carry it tomorrow.

I own three of the Kahr micro 9's.

CM/PM/MK9. I've never had a malfunction with any of them, and they all shoot great. Of all my handguns, I have complete faith in these three to work when I need them most.