Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: The Highwaymen

Default The Highwaymen

I watched the movie last night on Netflix and really enjoyed it...It is the story of two retired Texas Rangers brought back into service to go after Bonnie and Clyde after all other attempts fail to stop the killers....Kevin Costner plays Frank Hamer and Woody Harrelson plays his old partner Maney Gault....There is very little about Bonnie and Clyde until the end and most of the movie is about how Frank and Maney play off each other and use old school police work to track down the outlaws.....The movie is very well made and the acting is good....If you like cops and robbers flicks this is a good one with lots of cool guns (Frank uses a Colt Monitor automatic rifle that is way bad a$$)....Unfortunately it's only on Netflix but if you have it you should check it out....I give it two thumbs up!

Been meaning to watch it, heard it was good and two thumbs up is a pretty glowing review.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Have to check that out................I'll find someone with Netflix

I got Netflix, come on over.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

My wife cancelled Netflix about a month ago and it ran out yesterday. Just my luck.

I've known about The Highwaymen since I read an extremely glowing pre release review awhile back. I have not watched a full TV show or movie in at least two years (rediscovered the concept of reading) but this one I will. Wife is a TV addict, as well as a reader, with a Netflix subscription so it's available to me when I get around to it.
    NRA Benefactor

Do take the time and check the Highwaymen movie out. My wife knew nothing about it when we started it and she loved the film too...
    That's an even better review than two thumbs up (if you only knew my wife). She rated it five stars...
    Do enjoy!
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

I have to be the only one that found it to be a bit boring. I guess I expected more Bonnie and Clyde.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I found it to be above average. Nothing special. I like the actors. Some of it felt contrived. And the gunplay wasn't particularly accurate or interesting. For example, Costner's character takes a BAR and puts an entire magazine into a steel road sign, perforating it thoroughly. The backdrop for the road sign is a pond. Not a single bullet strike in the pond. A glaring gun related oversight IMO. A few other nitpicks, such as his interaction with the gun store owner in buying guns felt far too contrived and goofy.

I did like how they actually went to test fire the guns. And some other parts of the film were clever or interesting.

It's worth watching.