Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CM9 from GunBuyer

Default New CM9 from GunBuyer

Just picked up a new CM9 with Black slide from GunBuyer.com for $289.00. I am not new to Kahrs, have owned them in the past.
    I thought it was a good deal, so I pulled the proverbial trigger on it. I have not shot it yet, next Monday will be the first time I can get to the range.
    I will report back with a range report. It feels good in the hand and the trigger is very smooth and predictable. It feels like my S&W 586 modified
    double action trigger. Does anyone have experience with the MCarbo (3.5 lb) or Wolff (5 lb.) reduced trigger spring kit for the CM9?
    Here is a stock picture.

Last edited by handlebar; 05-03-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Now THATS a purty gun. Congrats.
    "No Matter Where You Go----There You Are !!"

Purchased same gun few days ago, functions great, after cleaning went to range fired 75 rounds of standard 115 gr ammo, zero problems very accurate. Only change will be with grip and magazine extension. After purchase I applied for the Kahr rebate they approved it within a couple days. Perfect gun for carry in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Purchased same gun few days ago, functions great, after cleaning went to range fired 75 rounds of standard 115 gr ammo, zero problems very accurate. Only change will be with grip and magazine extension. After purchase I applied for the Kahr rebate they approved it within a couple days. Perfect gun for carry in my opinion.
    I have applied for the rebate but have not heard from them yet. I will get another magazine with the rebate money.

I also ordered a 7 round mag however it's on backorder they expect shipment end of this month.

I just ordered a 5 lb. striker spring from Wolff. I think 6 or 6.5 lbs. reduced to 5 lbs. is a safer way to go than Mcarbo reducing to 3.5 lbs. I think there could be some light strikes with
    the Mcarbo even though they say it won't happen, plus a bit too light for self defense. I can hear the prosecutor now....should I ever need to use the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by handlebar View Post
    I just ordered a 5 lb. striker spring from Wolff. I think 6 or 6.5 lbs. reduced to 5 lbs. is a safer way to go than Mcarbo reducing to 3.5 lbs. I think there could be some light strikes with
    the Mcarbo even though they say it won't happen, plus a bit too light for self defense. I can hear the prosecutor now....should I ever need to use the gun.
    I watched the MCarbo YouTube video on their Kahr spring kit. I'd never heard of them before, just Wolff and Galloway Precision. I would almost guarantee the MCarbo kit is going to affect reliability. If you watch the video, you see the trigger has a difficult time actually resetting. It comes forward to a point, pauses, then slowly returns to full reset.

That's a big no for me, dawg.

I don't think the Kahr trigger needs anything other than a good polish on the trigger bar and trigger bar spring and a touch of grease to slick it up, but the Wolff and Galloway kits seems like safer bets.

How do you like your Wolff kit?

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    I watched the MCarbo YouTube video on their Kahr spring kit. I'd never heard of them before, just Wolff and Galloway Precision. I would almost guarantee the MCarbo kit is going to affect reliability. If you watch the video, you see the trigger has a difficult time actually resetting. It comes forward to a point, pauses, then slowly returns to full reset.

I don't think the Kahr trigger needs anything other than a good polish on the trigger bar and trigger bar spring and a touch of grease to slick it up, but the Wolff and Galloway kits seems like safer bets.

I agree, the MCarbo is far too light. They have been around for a while and make lots of trigger lightening springs for a variety of guns. The Wolff spring gives a very smooth and controllable 5 lb pull, and reset is very positive. It is noticeably different than the stock spring and contributes to better accuracy because it breaks sooner. It was a good investment at $3.50. I am waiting on a recoil spring for my Model 52 but it is on back order.

Is this the same MMeyers from the Bullseye-L forum. On that forum I am Mustachio.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post

Is there a thread or video on doing a DIY Kahr trigger job?

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    Is there a thread or video on doing a DIY Kahr trigger job?
    This video shows how to change the striker spring which controls trigger pull. I used the Wolff 5 lb spring, not the MCarbo. I see no reason to change the striker block spring. I like the stronger spring for the block...adds a little extra "safety".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTET6m-vgR8&t=36s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t64ckeGGXPQ&t=698s