Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New CM9 from GunBuyer

Quote Originally Posted by handlebar View Post
    This video shows how to change the striker spring which controls trigger pull. I used the Wolff 5 lb spring, not the MCarbo. I see no reason to change the striker block spring. I like the stronger spring for the block...adds a little extra "safety".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTET6m-vgR8&t=36s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t64ckeGGXPQ&t=698s
    Yea I've done that with my K9 and K40. I'm interested in polish the trigger and trigger bar spring.

Not meant to offend but do not understand the need to change springs, adjust trigger on a quality carry piece, could cause you liability issues down the road. On my range /target guns I will do some trigger work but the CM9 is not that.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Not meant to offend but do not understand the need to change springs, adjust trigger on a quality carry piece, could cause you liability issues down the road. On my range /target guns I will do some trigger work but the CM9 is not that.
    No offense taken, I shoot a lot of revolver and the original trigger on the CM9 was too heavy for my taste. I put in a 5 lb striker spring and it is now closer to a nice DA revolver trigger like my S&W 642 and my S&W 586, which is used as a target revolver with a 2 lb. trigger. A 5 lb trigger on the CM is still heavy enough to not go off unless you pull that long trigger pull and gives a positive reset. It is not too light that may be considered a "hair" trigger. That is why I avoided the MCarbo spring kit. Accuracy has improved, as well. If I ever use it for defense, which I hope I never have to do, my liability issue is far greater than a 5 lb trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    Is there a thread or video on doing a DIY Kahr trigger job?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t64ckeGGXPQ

I've done that to my CM9. It's easy. My advice to you is make sure you hold onto the spring when you remove it. The polish and grease made a world of difference.

That video is lame, but it does show the disassembly process. I have the Wolf 5lb spring on my PM9, replaced the trigger bar and polished it with a Dremel before installation. The trigger feels good and I don't consider it too light. I would never sand down a spring like in the video, if it had visible wear, it would be replaced.
    The hump on the trigger bar was flattened down a bit, looked hammered down. I also polished the top of the hump on the new bar.

Quote Originally Posted by wally1 View Post
    That video is lame, but it does show the disassembly process. I have the Wolf 5lb spring on my PM9, replaced the trigger bar and polished it with a Dremel before installation. The trigger feels good and I don't consider it too light. I would never sand down a spring like in the video, if it had visible wear, it would be replaced.
    The hump on the trigger bar was flattened down a bit, looked hammered down. I also polished the top of the hump on the new bar.

The spring from Kahr had a burr inside the apex of the curve. That's part of what caused the creak.