Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kahr T9 to heavy as Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    This is the second one I've ever seen in person but this time it's mine for keeps. Just got it an hour ago.

Factory Night Sights and 3 mags.

And a plastic carry case it most likely will never see again but a very nice touch.

Happy day for me, wanted one of these for a very long time. Another one checked off the want list.

Congratulations!!!

-Wlf

T or P? Hmmmm, which one to carry? The only difference I could ever tell between the two, other than the weight, was that the T9 trigger guard wore a spot on my middle finger when shooting. Got to be annoying. None of the other Kahrs did that. Perplexed me, as they seem to be the same. The T9 is gorgeous, no doubt about it.

Another choice in the compact 4" barrel genre; the HK P7. The Kahr and HK are similar by almost every measure.

Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Congrats, Colonel, I’m happy for you!

I always wanted a P7, never did manage to bring one home.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Took the new T apart this morning, polished the mags and barrel as I usually do.
    Let me tell ya, them mag springs are sprung tight, took the first base plate right in the face when it got away but didn't drop any pieces or lose any.
    Second went slightly better and by the third I had it figured out.
    Getting them back in was like wrestling a giant anaconda but again after the first one, figured out a good approach.
    Everything looked good, greased up the rails and a little oil in the right places and I think we're ready to go.

Guess I'll continue to fondle until I get out to make loud noises with it.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Sounds like a fun time is coming. Enjoy the first shoot!

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by chengpu42 View Post
    I have been looking at a T9 for an EDC firearm. Researching online a lot of people indicate its to heavy and would prefer a polymer framed pistol with higher capacity or there is some debate on what roll a T9 would play.

A common choice a Glock is the preferred choice over a T9 a Glock 19 as an example. The thinking is a T9 (28oz w/mag) is to heavy compared to the Glock 19 (24oz w/mag) but because of capacity a loaded T9 is roughly 32oz compared to the Glock 31oz essentially the same weight. That's pretty common that a poly framed pistol roughly the same size as the T9 while lower in weight unloaded becomes roughly the same weight when fully loaded due to higher capacity.

Whats the argument? If you have a choice between 2 firearms the same weight pick the one with higher capacity?

It seems the T9 would make a great carry gun. Its not to big 6.5" in length, 5" long, and less than a inch wide. You get a 4' barrel anything else that size is 3.5" or less and safe to carry with DOA trigger. Why in most forum posts is it people love the gun but would not carry it or pick the smaller K9? What am i missing?
    You're missing nothing...

Someone once said that a Kimber is something you show to your friends, and a Glock is something you show to your enemies. A T9 would be good for both, IMO.

If you have to shoot someone in self defense, your gun is going to spend some time in a police property room. It may or may not be in the same condition when you get it back...if you get it back at all. A G19 would be my choice here.

If you are charged with a crime or sued civilly, an over-zealous prosecutor (or the attorney for the plaintiff) might try to portray you as an aggressive cowboy/commando wannabe who was just looking for a fight. They will use anything and everything they can to accomplish this, right down to the gun involved, mag capacity, the type of ammo used and even the clothes you were wearing. I would rather have been carrying a T9 in this instance.

My usual carry guns are a CW380 and an RM380, but violent crime is extremely rare where I live and frequent. If I have to go to the big city for some reason, I'll carry my P365 or G22.

I just discovered last night that the T9 fits perfectly in my Garrett Silent Thunder for my Cbob 1911. I think I'll order one specific for the T in case it's messing up the leather lining inside. I don't want it to get lose for the Cbob.
    Does seem to slide right in with no effort and has excellent retention. Have to ponder it some.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I'm kinda thin at 5 10 and 155 pounds, so it's hard for me to conceal a pistol, even in a belt holster under a shirt or jacket. I don't do IWB holsters. Personally, the T9 or T-anything is too large and heavy for me. If my clothing forces a pocket carry, I go with the PM9 although I'm not crazy about 9mm. If I can cover a holster, it's the MK40 or CM45. If my destination or planned activity is less than ideal, not something normally I indulge in, I'll try to cover an HK45c for it's accuracy and dependability.