Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kahr T9 to heavy as Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by chengpu42 View Post
    I just looked up the extended ported 4" barrel and that really got my attention. The Kahr website indicates "may require fitting" did you find that was needed? A K9 with the extension looks like a real possibility to me. How much does that affect recoil?
    No fitting required. I purchased both of mine 2nd hand. One for my k40 and the other for my K9.. I never fired them side by side with and without the ported barrel. I will say that my K40 with the ported barrel shoots softer than my single and double stack 9mms... Even my M&P 2.0 4" 9mm...

I still want and WILL have a T9... It will be a range and IDPA gun. For carry, I like my K40... I have a small frame though and am on the shorter side... If I was over 6 foot, and could conceal it w/o printing, I'd probably would carry the T9.

If I were you, I'd just get both on the used market... Got both my K40s for around $300/$330.. One NIB and the other used. I got my K9 LNIB with night sights for $500. I think I could have got it cheaper, but I didn't haggle. Seen used K9s go for as cheap as S400.

The dilemma to me is that between the polymer and the steel Kahrs, they both shoot about the same. So the decision on which to carry always goes to the lighter one no matter how great the heavier one is.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    The dilemma to me is that between the polymer and the steel Kahrs, they both shoot about the same. So the decision on which to carry always goes to the lighter one no matter how great the heavier one is.
    I EDC a Shield and a PPS M2 for years... The weight is negligible to me, and the little added weight cuts down on recoil and muzzle flip for me as well. Like I mentioned, my K40 shoots like a heavy full size double stack polymer gun. i can put hundreds of rounds through it during a range session w/o an issue. YMMV...

Some people want their gun to be as tiny and/or as light as possible, and some can handle, don't mind, and don't really notice the difference between a few oz on the waist. For a pocket gun, that's another story... I wear a thick gun belt with a pancake holster.

Quote Originally Posted by chengpu42 View Post
    I have been looking at a T9 for an EDC firearm. ... It seems the T9 would make a great carry gun. Its not to big 6.5" in length, 5" long, and less than a inch wide. You get a 4' barrel anything else that size is 3.5" or less and safe to carry with DOA trigger.
    chengpu42,

I have never even seen a T9 in the flesh, but I absolutely would love to try one as a CC EDC pistol.

I own a K9, purchased new about seven months ago, that I CC. It has all but replaced my .357 Sig X-Changed Sig M11-A1 as my CCW. I just received a new lined and detailed RJR-TB OWB holster for it, in fact. I am extremely satisfied with it (how it carries, how it conceals, and how competently it shoots 124 gr. +P Gold Dot or HST).

Still, I'm wondering how a T9 would compare. (Or a K40.) Never leave well-enough alone, correct?

I am approx 6'2" and 240#, so the additional 0.5" length and 0.5" height and 3 oz. empty weight that the T9 measures over the K9 would be insignificant to me, I should think. And this increase in size is a small "penalty" to pay for an all-SS pistol that carries one additional round and delivers an additional 0.5" "push" on a projectile.

rx7sig

This is the second one I've ever seen in person but this time it's mine for keeps. Just got it an hour ago.

Factory Night Sights and 3 mags.

And a plastic carry case it most likely will never see again but a very nice touch.

Happy day for me, wanted one of these for a very long time. Another one checked off the want list.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

CONGRATS COLONEL!

That's a fine looking pistol.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    This is the second one I've ever seen in person but this time it's mine for keeps. Just got it an hour ago.

Happy day for me, wanted one of these for a very long time. Another one checked off the want list.
    Congrats... I may end up following your lead again. How much she set you back?

A gentleman never tells but it was a heck of a good deal for a poor smuck like me to be able to bring it home.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post

Factory Night Sights and 3 mags.

And a plastic carry case it most likely will never see again but a very nice touch.

Sweet! I am curious how does it feel in the hand. Is it well balanced? Top heavy or nose heavy? Does it feel hefty? 28oz packed into a 6.5" gun seems high.

It feels like it was custom made to fit my hand. It's neck and neck with my CBob for being a perfect fit.
    To me it feels well balanced, not nose heavy at all and I wouldn't even describe it as hefty.
    It's steel but that's pretty much what I'm accustomed to.
    Compared to my PM45, yes it's a brick but it's a nice brick and not a heavy brick either.

I've been fighting some medical stuff and haven't had much range time for awhile but I can't wait to get this one out and see how she runs.
    I think it's gonna be a happy ending.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan