CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Availability of DE5010 Pistols or BAR5010 Barrels?

Default Availability of DE5010 Pistols or BAR5010 Barrels?

I'm trying to find examples of such, with the Weaver Rail minus the longitudinal flutes on the side...

Complete pistol, or just the barrel would be fine.

Have you guys had any sightings of these items in the wild?

Gunbroker's dry.

50AE barrels don't have flutes on the sides as they would be too thin. Only some of the 357 and 44 did. I think I have each caliber with and without side flutes other than 429DE. (and I don't own any 440CB barrels).

If you see a listed 50AE with flutes, the image is just incorrect. I have seen many stock photos of Desert Eagle pistols and barrels that are the wrong item. Very common.

There is usually one or two 50AE 10" guns listed on GunBroker, but I don't see any currently. If you watch eBay and GunBroker eventually a barrel will turn up. I just checked, but I don't have an spare 10" 50AE. With 10's being discontinued, they are going to be climbing fast in rarity and cost I am sure. I just buy them when I see them now unless they are crazy expensive. I will save this thread and if I acquire a barrel or just find a 10 Gun for sale, I will let you know.

Just looking on Completed Auctions on GunBroker I see three or four that have sold or completed listings in the last couple of weeks, and three had a full top rail. They can be had... and they usually aren't much different in price with a 10" barrel vs a 6" in 50AE.

Hope this helps.
    Good luck.

MrBlackCat

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlackCat View Post
    50AE barrels don't have flutes on the sides as they would be too thin.
    You're right about that, I quite forgot.

Funny thing, getting the last items out of the factory...

I managed to buy the last RCBS Carbide Die set ever made for .50AE recently.

Although Magnum Research couldn't confirm it, I probably got the last 10 inch, Matte Chrome barrels in in .357 and .44 Magnum. There weren't any left immediately after I bought mine.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlackCat View Post
    I will save this thread and if I acquire a barrel or just find a 10 Gun for sale, I will let you know.
    Hey, thanks!

Much appreciated!