Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Range Report for CM9

I can only say that I've never had this problem with any of my Kahrs. OTOH I've never shot heavier loads like that.

Being mostly a bullseye shooter, my grip tends to be quite firm. I did, on one occasion feel myself pressing the mag release. I will have to be more self aware of what I am doing, especially with a defensive handgun...

I fired mine a addition 100 rounds today, accurate and excellent trigger in my opinion, I did have the back sight fall off, hopefully Loctite will take care of the problem.
    I've never experienced hitting the mag release not sure how that could happen.

Side note: did try to post picture of hogue grips can't get the upload to work/

Shot another 55 rounds today (50, 115 gr, and 5, 147 gr. all were Lawman ammo). I had only one early mag release in the first mag I fired. No more after that. Kahr is sending me a new mag release spring and mag release. Hopefully, that will stop the premature dropping of the mag. So far I have 305 rounds through it and accuracy is great for a defensive pistol. I put in a 5 lb. Wolff striker spring and that made a big difference in the handling of the gun, as well as accuracy. For $3.50, a good investment.

Here is mine with a bike inner tube that works perfectly well. I use them on most of my guns.

Last edited by handlebar; 05-16-2019 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Had mine out for the second time Sunday. Just hit the 400 rd mark with no flaws or hiccups. A natural shooter. I did the same ritual for all my guns before range day. I load up all magazines to full capacity and let them take a set for 48 hrs. Same with recoil spring. Really love this pleasant little shooter. Wish I had bought one years ago. Now to decide which Kahr I will buy next. Already a fan after purchasing my 380.

* just a note. This range day had one exception. I installed the Gallaway magazine extensions. Worked great!!
    I will second the recommendation for a stainless Kahr. The MK9 is a good choice, as it is practically identical in size to the CM9, but is more pleasant to shoot because it's so heavy and dense. 9mms out of the MK9 feel like .380s.

But if you want to swing for the fences, you can't do better than a T9. It is the pinnacle of Kahr-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by CM9 View Post
    old-timer.....sometime post a photo with that grip sleeve installed on your gun. thanks
    I prefer the Pachmayr grip sleeve myself...…………………………...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hmm.......I think I may try one of those on my CM9.......thanks for sharing.
    "No Matter Where You Go----There You Are !!"

Quote Originally Posted by handlebar View Post
    Shot another 55 rounds today (50, 115 gr, and 5, 147 gr. all were Lawman ammo). I had only one early mag release in the first mag I fired. No more after that. Kahr is sending me a new mag release spring and mag release. Hopefully, that will stop the premature dropping of the mag. So far I have 305 rounds through it and accuracy is great for a defensive pistol. I put in a 5 lb. Wolff striker spring and that made a big difference in the handling of the gun, as well as accuracy. For $3.50, a good investment.

Here is mine with a bike inner tube that works perfectly well. I use them on most of my guns.

Just got one identical to yours (with the black cerakote). So far haven't found any specific grip gloves for it. What size inner tube are you using? All the grip gloves I've seen seem to be for slightly different Kahr models.

A member on another board, put a Hogue Handall that was made for a Sig P365 on his CM9. He said it fit well. I have had Hogue Handalls on a couple of my P and S Kahrs and they feel and work very well. Hogue doesn't make them specifically for the PM/CM,MK models so I was glad to hear that those made for the Sig work well.

Congrats on your CM purchase!

SAM_1469.jpgI am sold on the Beavertail grip from Hogue. I installed the 18400 on my CM9.