Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Range Report for CM9

Default First Range Report for CM9

I fired 125 rounds of PMC 115 gr. FMJ today.
    The first 20 rounds were fine and then I had 3 failures to go completely into battery (between rounds 20 and 50). The slide would hang up about a 1/4" to the rear. A tap on the slide and it was okay. As I shot more, this problem seemed to disappear. I also had 3 incidents of the mag dropping and a round not feeding. I don't know if it is the gun or the two hand hold I was using and that I accidentally hit the mag release. The last 70 or so rounds were fine with no incidents at all. I will shoot again on Wednesday and see if the problems show up again. I think another 75 to 100 rounds should be sufficient. Recoil is what I expected and accuracy at 7 to 8 yards was good, keeping almost all shots in a 2" square. I shot fast and slow, two handed and one handed. Obviously, one handed was not as accurate as two, but I stayed in about a 4" pattern. I am waiting for a 5 lb. spring from Wolff. Hopefully, this will make it easier to shoot. Mine is the newer version with the SN on the grip side panel. This is a stock pic and not my gun.

Good report. That black slide looks good too.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Had mine out for the second time Sunday. Just hit the 400 rd mark with no flaws or hiccups. A natural shooter. I did the same ritual for all my guns before range day. I load up all magazines to full capacity and let them take a set for 48 hrs. Same with recoil spring. Really love this pleasant little shooter. Wish I had bought one years ago. Now to decide which Kahr I will buy next. Already a fan after purchasing my 380.

* just a note. This range day had one exception. I installed the Gallaway magazine extensions. Worked great!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Had mine out for the second time Sunday. Just hit the 400 rd mark with no flaws or hiccups. A natural shooter. I did the same ritual for all my guns before range day. I load up all magazines to full capacity and let them take a set for 48 hrs. Same with recoil spring. Really love this pleasant little shooter. Wish I had bought one years ago. Now to decide which Kahr I will buy next. Already a fan after purchasing my 380.
    Congrats on the addition to your Kahr family.

Now that you've got the bug, you really need to do yourself a favor and pick up one an all-steel Kahr. (I favor the MK9, but that's mostly because it is so easy to carry.) They are an absolute joy to shoot, not only because the steel dampens the recoil, but because somehow, some way the steel models seem to sport even better triggers.

I always clean a new gun and with the Kahr's very important as they are tight, I also purchased 2 mags they had so much cosmoline that had to disassemble each mag and clean with a degreaser, without cleaning almost certain would have failed.
    As a side note I installed a Hogue Beavertail grip sleeve #18300, tight fit but with a hair dryer it went on. I like the look and feel.

old-timer.....sometime post a photo with that grip sleeve installed on your gun. thanks
    "No Matter Where You Go----There You Are !!"

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    I always clean a new gun and with the Kahr's very important as they are tight, I also purchased 2 mags they had so much cosmoline that had to disassemble each mag and clean with a degreaser, without cleaning almost certain would have failed.
    As a side note I installed a Hogue Beavertail grip sleeve #18300, tight fit but with a hair dryer it went on. I like the look and feel.
    I cleaned the CM9 thoroughly and lubed it to the point where it was wet...break in needs all the help it can get. I am not new to Kahrs, having had three in the past and foolishly sold them. I think the issues I had were "growing pains". The mag release I believe was my problem, but the failure to go into battery was the gun's problem. When I cleaned it after the range session I noticed a few, albeit small polymer burrs on the rail. I carefully trimmed them off and will test again on Wednesday at the club where I am a member. I will try 124, 135 and 147 grain this time and not exclusively 115.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    Congrats on the addition to your Kahr family.

Now that you've got the bug, you really need to do yourself a favor and pick up one an all-steel Kahr. (I favor the MK9, but that's mostly because it is so easy to carry.) They are an absolute joy to shoot, not only because the steel dampens the recoil, but because somehow, some way the steel models seem to sport even better triggers.
    Thanks Bosco, Already have the MK9 on my list. That said, have always wanted o

I fired another 125 rounds of 115, 135 and 147 gr. ammo. No failures to go into battery this time. However, I still hit the mag release 3 times. Has anyone else had this issue or is it just me.
    I may call Kahr and ask if they have a heavier mag. release spring that they can send me. Accuracy at 8 yards was minute of chest and well centered.

maybe work on your grip technique; I've never had this problem with my EDC/BUG DIV. CM9. in fact I drilled/tapped/added a screw for a little more length to the mag release and never had a premature mag ejaculation during a match or in the IWB/OWB EDC holsters I use.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER